“Great spot”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gastown
Description: We refer to our restaurant as a "nouveau Canadian Bistro"... Offering a simple, seasonally inspired menu with fresh, local ingredients at a great value. Our open concept kitchen brings the Chef to your table, delivering a memorable overall dining experience.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Enjoyed a late lunch. Food was very good. Great atmosphere. Staff were all friendly. Service was great. Would definitely return. Had a large crowd for happy hour.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went there as a work do and had local colleagues as well as visitors from France, the UK and US and some vegetarians and we found something to please everyone, which is a big ask! The service was friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed in this cool part of town so it is a good place for a group of friends. I am writing this review a month after my visit and I remember that everyone enjoyed their food and I would happily return, that is a good sign...

Reviewed 2 April 2018

A-Ok for the service and atmosphere however not 5 star as the menu is very lacking for Vegetarian eaters. This is the 3rd time I have visited this place and have decided it is great for drinks but little else!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Not recommend at all! Worse experience ever!!
We were walking around GasTown and found The Flying Pig while checking The best 10 restaurants in the area. We took a look to the website and did not find a kids friendly menu so my friend and decided to bring something for her 2 years old kid. We brought a small burger and fries with us and went to the place. The friendly host received us and said there was no problem with the food and my friend’s daughter who was so hungry started to devour her burger right the way.
The problem came when a young guy came to us and explained that bringing food from outside wasn’t allowed due to safety reasons. He was very rude to us and did not show any consideration towards us and the baby girl so we had to leave the place.
I do not recommend this place and won’t ever go again.

Russ J, General Manager at The Flying Pig Gastown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Alejandra,

Please accept my apologies for the experience you had when dining recently at our Gastown location.

As a parent of two children under 6, both of whom who have food sensitivities, I am acutely aware of how difficult it can be to feed your children. Based on my own experiences, I'm deeply disappointed that the same understanding of the difficulty this situation presents wasn't passed along to one of my valued guests in a similar situation.

It is unfortunate that our Restaurant Manager didn’t read your situation correctly. In fact, he brought this to my attention before your comments were posted because he felt as though he had mishandled the situation. It has provided us with a good coaching opportunity and I can assure you he'll think differently the next time a similar situation happens.

If the opportunity to give us a second chance ever comes up, I implore you to connect with me in advance so that I can personally ensure you're treated with the respect you deserve.

Thank you again for your honesty.

Gordon Hay
604-559-7968
gord@theflyingpigvan.com

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Good food, good drinks, and a fun atmosphere.
It’s pretty loud, so if you prefer a really quiet place, you may want to try somewhere else...
We made a meal out of many of their side dishes, as we wanted to try as much as possible. Also nice to walk around Gastown before or after.