“Trendy boutique hotel”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Having never been to Vancouver before, I was extremely impressed with the city, as well as the Opus. The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were up-to-date, colourful and clean. There is a small gym, but it is bright and clean, and a perfect way to release some stress after a long day at the office. They also offer complimentary mountain bikes, so if you prefer to exercise outdoors, you can take a short ride down to False Creek where you can ride and enjoy the beautiful mountain and ocean views. The Opus has all of the amenities that a business traveler could ask for. I would definitely return for business or a vacation!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear CherylN, thank you very much for choosing OPUS for your recent trip to Vancouver. We love how you enjoyed our complimentary cruiser bikes, and that the weather cooperated! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I ever can be of any assistance, and we look forward to welcoming you back to OPUS in the near future.

Sincerely
Nicholas Gandossi

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I just spent some time at the Opus last week after trying a few other hotels out in Vancouver. The very first thing you notice is the familiar faces of the friendly customer service staff whom greet you at the door and the front desk. Upon check-in I was notified that I received a wonderful complimentary upgrade, and once in my room a personal note from the Opus GM, and a wonderful amenity welcoming me back and acknowledging my stays there. The rooms are bright, modern and very comfortable and filled with all the modern conveniences a business traveler requires. The location in my opinion is the best in Vancouver. From gate of aircraft to the front door of the Opus on the Canada Line in under 30min. The Opus has a small but well equipped gym, and it is not uncommon to bump into celebrities there. The best restaurants, bars, shopping and waterfront marina are all literally across the street. The restaurant and bar on site are not to be missed and are a hot spot on weekends. There is something to be said about a smaller luxury boutique style hotel. Luxury, style, hip vibe, personal service are everyday life at the Opus. When in Vancouver, Opus is a hotel to be experienced.

Room Tip: Pamper yourself and upgrade to an Executive Suite!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank waterskiguy
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Beautiful, intimate hotel that is located in an area that is convenient to train, restaurants, water ferries and shopping. The staff was great, allowing us to check-in early and check out late. The room was spacious and clean and quiet. I am quite "picky" about hotels, I will return to this one when I'm in Vancouver!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear RichardD, thank you for staying at OPUS Vancouver and passing along your feedback. We really appreciate your acknowledgment of the little details that we do on the property. Since receiving your comments, we have now implemented a new procedure of having chilled bottled water always available for our guests in the early morning. We agreed with you, and need to support our early morning joggers! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in the future if I can be of any assistance, and we will look forward to welcoming you back to OPUS in the near future.

Nicholas Gandossi

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I was highly impressed by the hotel quality and staff and I enjoyed everything from the room to the food during my 4 day stay. I definitely recommend Opus (I already have).
The only thing I can find to point a finger at (and it is not a big thing) is the fact I could not get a cold bottle of water in the early morning at the front desk (only in the afternoon).
When you go out jogging in the early morning, it is nice to get that. But again, this is me being picky here... They pay special attention to little things in the room (curtains are down, chocolate on the pillow and loundge music in the room at night when you get back to your room) which is greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The Opus is a really classy boutique hotel conveniently located virtually opposite the Yaletown Skytrain station. Just a 25 minute ride from the airport and one or two stops (or a short walk) to Downtown.
What really sets the Opus apart is the staff. All seemed young (at least to us 40 somethings) and nothing was too much trouble, even calling our cell phone provider in the UK.
We stayed at the Opus twice, at the beginning and at the end of our British Columbia trip, and both our rooms were roomy, clean and comfortable. Another great touch is the free-to-use iPad in the room although we noticed there was a bit of a steep daily rate for other WiFi use.
We can't wait to try out Opus Montreal!

Room Tip: The only window access is in the bathroom which was odd. Particularly if you have a room overlooking...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple