“an eye-opening tour and a feast of the senses!”

Vancouver Foodie Tours
Small-Group Granville Island Market Tour
Ranked #1 of 55 Food & Drink in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Vancouver Foodie Tours offers food tasting and cultural walking tours, introducing locals and visitors to one-of-a-kind dishes that define Vancouver's culinary scene. You will indulge in a feast for their eyes, belly and mind, tasting signature dishes at award-winning Vancouver gourmet restaurants, food shops and food trucks. Learn about the origin of ingredients, how dishes are prepared, as well as the history, culture and architecture of Vancouver. This is the best way to see and taste Vancouver! We offer four delectable Foodie Tours: GASTRONOMIC GASTOWN TOUR - Discover Gastown's best eating and drinking establishments. Savour gastronomic delights and learn about the neighbourhood's storied past. Experience some of Vancouver's hottest restaurants that local foodies adore. GRANVILLE ISLAND MARKET TOUR - This tour showcases a cornucopia of fine foods from independent farmers and food artisans throughout Vancouver. Touring the Granville Island Public Market will be one of the most authentic ways to experience Vancouver - after all, what better way to feel the pulse of a city than to immerse yourself in the action? WORLD'S BEST FOOD TRUCK TOUR - This tour takes you on a two-hour tasting tour of Vancouver's multicultural curbside kitchens while learning about the tricky business of operating gourmet food trucks in Vancouver. GUILTY PLEASURES GOURMET TOUR - Showcasing over five of downtown Vancouver's award-winning restaurants and food shops, you will sample gourmet food paired with optional wines and beer, meet award-winning food artisans and learn about Vancouver's food culture, history and architecture. WHAT TO KNOW - The World's Best Food Truck Tour and Granville Island Market Tour are proud members of the CTC's Canadian Signature Experience program. Our tours are two to three hours in duration and provides sufficient food such that a meal afterwards is not necessary.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I like the fact that you can choose between different walking tours, city regions and neighborhoods. I've lived in this city for most of my life and it was a pleasant surprise at how it can be so different at street level and to experience new flavours and personalities that I wouldn't have encountered otherwise. A bit of a foodie tourist in your own backyard. I would highly recommend! (oh, and pace yourself when tasting so as to leave room for ALL the good food)

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Is more than just having someone walking you around and eat. Michelle is a very knowledgeable foodie that tells you what so special about these eateries. Think of walking into an art gallery and having someone who knows and explain to you the story behind this painting or the background of the artists. Only that this tour you will come out with a full stomach! Now a days is not just what we eat, is how and why. I still remember the black truffel pizza @ The Market in Shangri-La Vancouver being one of the 100 food you should eat before you die. Thanks Michelle!!! 99 more to go!!! =)

Reviewed 16 August 2011

An excellent option for having a look around downtown vancouver at a very leisurely pace - food and walking go well together. The only tip needed is that one should travel light, and that includes an empty stomach at the beginning of the tour. Oh, and a bottle of water and a facecloth so you'll be clean and fresh for the next item on the menu! And don't forget good walking shoes. ^_^

1  Thank icecreamboy2409
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I was fortunate enough to receive a ticket to the Foodie Food Cart Tour and I had a blast. There was so much food that I ended up bringing some home with me at the end of the tour. The tour is in the heart of downtown Vancouver and covers a few blocks only but the blocks are far enough from each other and there is enough walking to burn off some of the calories of all the food I ate. The carts that are visited change weekly so I was disappointed that the day I went the La Brassiere (French/German) cart and the Bun Me (Vietnamese sandwiches) cart weren't on the tour. But the carts that I did see that day were all really good. And Michelle the tour guide let us know what the signature dishes were at other carts as we passed them. And we passed quite a few! There are a lot of choices for food in downtown Vancouver.

I would advise to bring a bottle of water and some extra cash in case you need to buy more water as I had to. Only one of the food carts had debit/credit service and the amount of food I had and walking in the hot sunny day made me really thirsty.

The day I went, there were about 7 other people on the tour too and it was a very friendly group. It's a nice way to meet new people that love food.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

I've gone to the Downtown, Granville, and Richmond foodie tours last summer (2010) and thought they were fantastic. I loved the variety of food we got to sample and was fairly impressed with the quality of food as well. Michelle was excellent at organizing the tours to make it fun and mouthwatering all at the same time. There were items that I probably would not have ordered if I had gone on my own and restaurants that I've walked by and didn't think of checking out before. It made my culinary experience in Vancouver that much richer and better. Highly recommended!