1,496 results
All reviews shark club corporate tower rogers arena bc place queen elizabeth theatre vancouver city centre king room coffee maker stanley park granville island gastown skytrain cruise waterfront
Reviewed 2 July 2018

This hotel has a couple of problems, which is a shame. The staff are fantastic, helpful, knowledgeable and dedicated. They are let down by a booking system that changes names or loses bookings entirely. The lifts are small, slow and inadequate (2 lifts for guests and staff) I took the stairs down from the seventh floor and arrived at the lobby before people who'd gotten in the lift on the same floor.
The hotel has apparently recently been refurbished, which make me wonder how bad it was before. My room was a symphony of beige, which showed up every scuff mark, stain and dirt. The room had a shortage of power points, so charging my phone was a nightmare, the air con was so loud I switched it off, opened a window and had the soundtrack from the bar downstairs... and it was still quieter than the air con.
The bathroom (HA!) was a cubicle with a bath and a toilet in it. The suite was I think white, with a grey bottom of the bath and the toilet seat was cream. To get in the bathroom(ha) you opened the door partway, as it collided with the side of the bath, stepped into the bin, closed the door and the toilet was behind the door. The sink was in another cubicle, which also held a safe on a plinth(?), an ironing board, spare pillows, and coat hangers.
The door to my room didn't fit properly, so I had the noise from the hallway, as well as the light streaming in.
The staff deserve to work in a far better hotel than this one.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Sian E
sandvan, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Vancouver City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Hello Sian E,

Thank you for reviewing us.

We are proud of our staff and I am pleased that they were able to leave you with a good impression. It is a shame that your room was unable to do the same. Please accept my apology for the challenges you encountered and inconvenience they may have caused.

This property does feature a variety of different rooms and configurations that may better suit your needs. Should you require more information or wish to discuss your recent stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

gm_vancouver@sandman.ca

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed here for two nights on a stopover from New Zealand to London. We found it a very convenient place to stay. The rooms were good, staff friendly and the Hop on Hop off buses stopped right outside the front door. It was close to Robson Street. Good restaurants nearby. Would definitely stay there again if we return to Vancouver.

2  Thank karensR2402MO
sandvan, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Vancouver City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Hello Karen S,

Thank you for reviewing us.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your 2 night stopover with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Vancouver.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

After travelling extensively throughout Australia and the USA, I would rate our experience with this hotel as the worst. We arrived at 4.45pm to check in; the Duty Manager, who was extremely rude and not at all apologetic, advised us that our reservation had been cancelled. The Duty Manager openly admitted that the Hotel regularly "overbooks" the rooms and that our booking had been cancelled at 4.00pm.........45 minutes prior to us arrivingl! The Duty Manager advised us that she had attempted to notify us of the cancellation, however, no trace of an email or telephone call could be found! DO NOT TRUST this Hotel as you could quite possibly find yourself on the street without accommodation!

Room Tip: DO NOT trust this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank gandrmac

Hello gandrmac,

Thank you for reviewing us.

I am sorry you experienced challenges with your reservation. I would like to review the situation further with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

gm_vancouver@sandman.ca\

Reviewed 29 June 2018

I recently stayed at this hotel as part of a Cosmos package tour. It was definitely the worst experience of the entire trip. Music was playing till 2 am and could be heard in the room, there was only 1 staff member in the dining room and (because he was run off his feet) he refused to seat us or serve us so approximately 15 couples walked to Macdonalds to grab a muffin, the girl on the front desk from whom I enquired was there a ladies bathroom nearby replied sullenly ‘no’. On further probing a petulant response said ‘on level 2’. This is not a hotel I would ever recommend to anyone

Room Tip: Don’t stay here. But if you do do not stay overlooking car park
3  Thank Anita2608

Hello Anita2608,

Thank you for reviewing us.

I am disappointed to learn you experienced such challenges during your visit with us. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience this may have caused. Your feedback has been shared with our restaurants as well as our Guest Services team. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to discuss this matter further.

gm_vancouver@sandman.ca

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We booked this year many months in advance. The main consideration was cost and accommodations available. This was on the low end of the price scale. We joined their frequent stay to her best price.

On arrival, the outside of the hotel looked quite dirty. It seems that the stone they used did not react well to the weather. However, once inside, it was better and meant our expectations. Our room was a standard cozy queen in north tower. The queen bed was quite comfy.

We arrived early morning and they stored our bags until the room was ready. We elected not to use the hotel restaurant for breakfast and found several to choose from within a few blocks.

The location as many in downtown Vancouver was close to most attractions and hop-on and free Capilano buses.

The lobby was busy when we arrived but was never busy during the rest of our stay. We ate lunch at the attached sports bar which was good.

We elected to take a taxi to the cruise terminal although it was not a long distance but we didn’t want to mess with the luggage on the street.

1  Thank TxLonestar

Hello TxLonestar,

Thank you for reviewing us.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Vancouver.