All reviews bus stop continental breakfast tea and coffee two queen beds rooms are small three nights stanley park metrotown skytrain transit drawers
Reviewed 24 October 2018

This is an old motel, and our room had a strange shape. But there have been updates, particularly the floors. The inner courtyard is nice. All the stairs are a challenge so you might want to request the lowest floor. The room was fine for one night with a comfortable bed.

We found the staff to be pleasant. It would have been good to have another staff member to haul suitcases. The breakfast was standard with good variety. There are several restaurants across the street, though since we got in late we settled for the McDonalds next door.

The best part was that we were very happy to pay only $116 US compared to the costs of rooms in the downtown area. It was not a difficult drive to the center of the city. I would probably stay again for one night to avoid the high prices downtown.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for taking your time to write your review, it was a pleasure to read, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

My husband and I travelled to Vancouver for meetings and on to Vancouver Island for a funeral, staying at the Days Inn Vancouver Metro for four nights. The road into the hotel from the Main Street is so narrow we missed it and ended up driving into McDonald’s parking lot next door! We drove around the block to try again. It was so narrow even for our van! There is no drive up to the lobby. The floor tile is worn out in the foyer and on all exterior walkways to the rooms. Though worn, the foyer was kept clean. The hotel looks decent from the road, but is dated inside. The pillows had hair on it, as did the sheets when pulled back. The lobby clerk called to see how the room was; and in doing so, brought fresh pillow linen, which was appreciated. Plus, they had the bedding changed the next day. The pillows are 1/2 size; like couch pillows. The bathrooms are tiny and the silicone around the standup shower flooring needs a good cleaning...as does under the dresser. The breakfast was decent but the toasters need updating. The luggage had to be carried up and down a full flight of stairs. No elevators. I prefer not staying in this Days Inn again, unless absolutely necessary.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Here's a long one, but please read if you're considering staying at this hotel.

I stayed at this location for one night in Sep 2018 with a friend/colleague for business. We was originally booked for 3 nights, but we decided to leave after 1, due to a few reasons that I'll discuss below.

LOCATION AND APPEARANCE: The location wasn't really within walking distance of anything (expect a McDonalds literally beside the hotel), and honestly, even if it was, I wouldn't be walking. I didn't feel safe in the area and there were big signs in the parking lot that state "Help Prevent Loss. Please Remove All Valuables From Your Vehicle..." The outside of the hotel (I think it really should be called a Motel) looked old and run down, and the inside was similar. This hotel needs big renovations. Reading responses from the staff on TripAdviser after I got to the hotel (should have looked before!) said they had recently done some renovations, but honestly, it's not enough.

ROOM/HOTEL STAFF: The lady who checked us in was okay, but she didn't smile once when she helped us. The room itself was on the first floor (you could almost say lower than the first floor, as we had to go down extra stairs to get to our rooms). Once we checked in, you go through a door and you're outside again; the middle part of the hotel is open to the outside, but you don't have access to this part unless you are using the hotel. I think this part has potential to be really nice if the rest of the hotel got renovated. Anyways, the room itself was tiny, and I don't even know how to describe the bathroom except extremely small and outdated. There was no tub, just a small walk in shower - You know when you're showering and the shower curtain keeps coming in and trying to touch you? That was this. I also saw a red mark on the shower curtain and I like to believe it was marker, not blood! There was no counter space in the bathroom so that was annoying too. I will admit I found the bed to be pretty comfortable and even though I thought it seemed loud outside, I didn't wake up from any noises during the night. The next day, my friend was sick (cough and cold symptoms) by the afternoon, and she thinks it was from the hotel. I got sick a few days later.

BREAKFAST: We were told when we checked in that there was a complimentary breakfast, but my friend and I didn't even attempt it. We just ate elsewhere that morning.

PRICE: This is the kicker. For the room on a Sunday night, it came to a whopping $245.65 CDN with taxes ($208.80 before taxes)!! Absolutely crazy. Initially, we stayed at this location because it was the cheapest in the area when we were booking online, but if we had known how run down it was, we would have never stayed there and would have paid the extra $30+ to stay at another hotel. The only reason we stayed the one night was because we couldn't cancel the whole stay - we would have been charged the first night either way. When we discussed this with the gentleman at the front desk, it seemed like he had been apart of this type of conversation many times before.

The next morning when we checked out, we got our bill/receipt and we were charged the following (all in CDN):
- Room Charge: $208.80
- PST: $16.70
- GST: $10.44
- DST: $6.26
- Energy Levy: $2.95
- GST: $0.15
- PST: $0.25
- DST: $0.10

First we asked if the DST was destination taxes, because we were there on business and shouldn't be paying destination tax (this is not a mandatory tax, even when companies say it is). The young guy at the front desk said: "No, this isn't destination tax." So we asked what is it then? He pondered for a bit, then said "It's Delaware Statutory Trust Tax and every hotel charges this in the area." Uhhhh what? He couldn't describe what it was for, or why we were charged, and there was no manager to speak to. My friend and I stayed at Ramada the next night and Fairmount the night after and both didn't charge this type of "tax".

Okay, so then we asked "Why are we being charged all the taxes twice?" Although different totals, it was on our bill/receipt twice. He said he had no idea but couldn't do anything about it.

We asked to be called by the manager that day to discuss it, but were never called. My friend and I were also busy with work that day and ended up not being able to call. I should have pushed more, but I just got too busy. And you know what, that's what they probably hope.

When I read some of the reviews on TripAdvisor (after) and saw some responses from management, they said based on the date and what's going on in the city, prices for rooms can range from $50/$80+. When I see that a room can range by SOO much, this is a huge red flag. As I mentioned earlier, we stayed at the Ramada downtown the next night, which ended up being $189/night, and Fairmount the night after ($350/night) - these hotels were WAY better. I think most hotels would be better than this place, to be brutally honest.

I'm rating the Service as "Poor 2/5" - although the staff overall were fairly professional, the lady at the beginning didn't smile or make much eye contact, and the young guy when we checked out couldn't answer any of our questions about our bill.

OVERALL: I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. It was way too much money for a low-quality hotel in an unsafe area. The only good point that I saw was there was free parking at the hotel. Overall, in my opinion, choose another place and pay the extra.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mills6025
DaysInnMetro, Operations Manager at Days Inn Vancouver Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

We are not located in Downtown Vancouver but we offer our guests free parking and our location gives our guests great access to the public transportation system in Vancouver. Our standard rooms all have a stand up shower, all of our deluxe rooms have a full bathtub.
Vancouver hotels can be very expensive in the summer, there are not enough rooms to meet the summer demands, our current off season rates are much more affordable. I am sorry that we were the wrong choice of hotel for you, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

I was very disappointed in my stay at this Days Inn. Unfortunately, the price for my stay was as high as some city centre hotels yet this can, at best, be described as a motel.

While the photography of the rooms on various websites makes this look like a luxury property, the reality is somewhat different. The floating floorboards are creaky, every time the noisy fridge comes on, the lights dim, the TV picture was blurry to the point of being unwatchable. The area the motel is located is somewhat undesirable and a long way from the city centre.

Breakfast is also something of a disgrace. If you manage to find a table it will be dirty and other than coffee and toast there is not much available and certainly not in keeping with the price paid for the room.

I would not stay here again and I would encourage the owners to reduce their rates by about 50% if they want them to reflect the actual quality of the accommodation provided.

Room tip: Look at city centre hotels instead. They will cost the same.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Is not a great hotel, but is good to stay and enjoy several places around Vancouver, can take public transport just a 1 block and the people around the area are not bad just give time to know and enjoy

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent stay with us, Sean Barrington, Operations Manager.