All reviews peak room beach room mountain room garden suite west end robson street stanley park day bed b and b fresh baked cookies tree lined street breakfast was delicious within walking distance quiet neighborhood each morning downtown vancouver three nights
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night at this charming bed and breakfast. Our room was very comfortable. The bed-and-breakfast is centrally located near Robson street.... Where we found a delightful place to eat.
I would recommend this place to friends.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Caught the train from Seattle to Vancouver which was really nice and did arrive at Barclay House early but left my luggage and went walking. BH is extremely central and easy to walk everywhere.
Lovely welcome and check in and shown to room which was on the ground floor. Was well appointed with everything you need for a comfortable stay.
Communal lounge and breakfast room was very nice and service was efficient and very friendly. Breakfast is a set menu and I did not realise as I was leaving the second morning the menu is on the side board. I am not a big breakfast eater and usually only have muesli, fruit and/or toast at home so was surprised to get a large cooked breakfast, plus a baked item eg muffin plus cereal and/or fruit. It was too much for me to eat but next time I stay I will be better informed and ask for smaller portion or only 1 course.
Will definately stay again and hope to visit again but would love to also stay in one of the upper floor rooms. Other guests were telling me how nice they were though certainly nothing wrong with the room I was in.
Overall great stay and highly recommend.

Room Tip: Was in ground floor room but for next visit would like to be on upper floors.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights as part of our trip to Vancouver. Dennis could not have been more helpful, allowing us to leave our luggage at the B&B the day before our stay so we could travel over night to Victoria and allowing us to use our room until late afternoon on the day we left Vancouver for our flight back to the UK.

We stayed in the Garden suite on the ground floor. The rooms were clean and comfortable with plenty of space for the two of us. A lovely fresh breakfast was made for us every morning and set us up for the day. The main dining area and guest lounge were beautifully decorated and the grounds kept neat and tidy.

Overall we could not fault it, especially for the price we paid. We had a lovely stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in March 18. We arrived very late almost 2am but it was no problem for Dennis. The room was large and very comfortable, the whole house was very well decorated and presented. The 3 course breakfasts were delicious and the Dennis was always good company at breakfast. The house is very authentic and had a large covered porch with comfy outdoor chairs and fairy lights and lanterns making it a loveky spot to sit for 30 mins after a day walking round Vancouver with a coffee and cake from the local bakery (which is awesone as well)

Barclay house is very easy to recommend, it's charming, very well situated and Dennis makes it very welcoming. We will definately stay again if we are in Vancouver.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2018

My son and I booked a last minute trip to Vancouver and found this place by chance. And what a great find it was! It is a beautiful, quaint, cozy house with excellent staff, and our host Dennis was awesome!! It has clean rooms and lovely decor, and is located downtown and close to everything. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Beautiful, quiet street.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family