“I don't recommend often” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barclay House Bed and Breakfast

Barclay House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 48 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Billerica, Massachusetts
“I don't recommend often”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

Following a cruise to Alaska, we spent three days at Barclay House. The only thing that surpassed the cleanliness was the hospitality of Dennis. He went over and beyond what one would normally expect from a B & B. Accommodations were provided, transportation arrangements were made and there was always a little something extra. I would recommend Barclay House to anyone planning to spend some time in Vancouver.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Michael D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

Great place! Warm and very kind host Dennis! Breakfast very good! Great old house near Davi Street!

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank Robfinland
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay here including the days that I stayed in reading and enjoying the fireplace and big TV. As a 72 year old widow travelling on my own and with lots of health issues I found this to be a great landing spot. Dennis was a very helpful host. I felt very safe in this area; taking my rented walker over to the commercial area and returning late evening. This is in walking distance of English Bay and Stanley Park. Bus service nearby. Lots of different food choices in the shopping area which is close by, very relaxed and not too crowded with nice shops. I met very friendly people, young and old. I even found a market close by for fresh fruit. My suite had everything I would need including iron and board, coffee maker, refrigerator etc. Lovely breakfast served every am. I really loved Dennis' decorating style as well.

Thanks Dennis.

Room Tip: If you have problems walking as I have the Garden room would be best.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Patricia R
Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

My partner from Manila & I stayed for almost 2 weeks last June 2012. We stayed in three different rooms, (Peak room was the best for me). I'm glad we found this place as I felt the warm settings, as if I was just in my own home. From the staff service, courtesy, ambiance, the food, I can't ask for more and the price too is very reasonable being in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Accessibility is not a problem as it is located few steps from Robson, Denman, Davie and even the famous Stanley Park. Truly this place is one of its kind and would definitely go back to stay or recommend this to my friends.

Room Tip: Ask for the Peak or
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jholet
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Barclay House B&B is a terrific place to stay while in Vancouver, B.C. It is a beautifully appointed home with approx. 5 or 6 private suites, common sitting and breakfast areas ( breakfast and info sharing conversations with other guests are of course included ), lots of brochures and local restaurant reviews on display, front porch with chairs and sofas, backyard garden patio with more chairs and a fountain, private off-street parking on a quite street in a GREAT location in the West End. Less than 2 miles from Stanley Park and the entire series of Beaches along English Bay, approx. 1/2 mile from the edge of Downtown, 1 block from Robson Street, within walking distance to perhaps 50 restaurants, this is the place to be. Denis Kusin is a warm and gracious host who provides friendship, hospitality, advice on local activities and attractions, and who leads a staff of young, courteous, dedicated personnel. Our 2 day stay here ( my wife and I ) was a true highlight of our trip. Our price per night would beat most hotels by plenty because I checked. If you come to Vancouver and do not investigate this place . . you will miss out on a unique experience.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed great and all guests were happy with THEIR choices. We had the Forest Suite which h...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple