“My second home in Vancouver”

and 1 more site!
Barclay House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 54 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Richmond, Canada
“My second home in Vancouver”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My partner from Manila & I stayed for almost 2 weeks last June 2012. We stayed in three different rooms, (Peak room was the best for me). I'm glad we found this place as I felt the warm settings, as if I was just in my own home. From the staff service, courtesy, ambiance, the food, I can't ask for more and the price too is very reasonable being in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Accessibility is not a problem as it is located few steps from Robson, Denman, Davie and even the famous Stanley Park. Truly this place is one of its kind and would definitely go back to stay or recommend this to my friends.

Room Tip: Ask for the Peak or
6 Thank Jholet
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Barclay House B&B is a terrific place to stay while in Vancouver, B.C. It is a beautifully appointed home with approx. 5 or 6 private suites, common sitting and breakfast areas ( breakfast and info sharing conversations with other guests are of course included ), lots of brochures and local restaurant reviews on display, front porch with chairs and sofas, backyard garden patio with more chairs and a fountain, private off-street parking on a quite street in a GREAT location in the West End. Less than 2 miles from Stanley Park and the entire series of Beaches along English Bay, approx. 1/2 mile from the edge of Downtown, 1 block from Robson Street, within walking distance to perhaps 50 restaurants, this is the place to be. Denis Kusin is a warm and gracious host who provides friendship, hospitality, advice on local activities and attractions, and who leads a staff of young, courteous, dedicated personnel. Our 2 day stay here ( my wife and I ) was a true highlight of our trip. Our price per night would beat most hotels by plenty because I checked. If you come to Vancouver and do not investigate this place . . you will miss out on a unique experience.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed great and all guests were happy with THEIR choices. We had the Forest Suite which h...
7 Thank John H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Wonderful place to stay, great location, amazing service and breakfasts that really start the day on a high. The place has a wonderful feel to it and the staff simply couldn't be more helpful with anything you might want to know.

6 Thank Rob M
Needham
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at Dennis' lovely B&B, The Barclay House. This victorian B&B is a gem in the West End of Vancouver -- walking distance to restaurants and attractions. Beautiful Stanley Park is 5 minute walk down the street. Our room, the Forest Room, was well-appointed with one of the most comfortable beds I have had the pleasure to experience. Additionally, the Forest room contained a separate sitting room with a TV. We found it a great place to cuddle up and read. Room service by the staff was exceptional.

The extra touches of Dennis; from the delicious, chocolate chip cookies left in our room each afternoon, the chocolates in the foyer, the extra umbrellas to keep away the rain, lap blankets for enjoying his large, beautiful porch, and his great tips for restaurants and travel plans, made this one of our top vacation experiences.

Let's discuss the food. Dennis provides wonderful breakfasts that are plentiful and delicious with each day offering a new variety of fruit cup, eggs/omelets, and muffins in the beautiful dining room. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and getting to know Dennis. Thank you Dennis for making our vacation so memorable. Regina and David

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank rmsr163
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Last spring a close friend of mine invited me to stay at this worderful place in the heart of downtown, Vancouver. At first, I could not really imagine what kind of a house would i expect in one of the busiest places in Vancouver.Then I said, "okay let's see". When we arrived at the place, i told myself "this is my home, and not only a house". I was really surprised of the hospitality of the manager name Dennis with his people. They were so accommodating and Dennis is a good cook too! My stay at Barclay House Bed and Breakfast had been so wonderful, i enjoyed every breakfast with delectable colors to taste and the recipes were great too! One of the best things i enjoyed about "My Home" (Barclay House, hahaha) was the serenity of the place, which was truly memorable. You can just stay and relax at the living room while listening to jazz and cozy musics or reading books, or just hang out at the balcony while watching people pass by and listening to chirping birds in the afternoon, and lots of colorful plants or flowers to see at the garden too. We stayed in different rooms in our 2 weeks stay, and i would say that all the rooms we have stayed in were full of surprises. Rooms are well-maintained, cozy, and clean. A place that i will truly miss and will not forget. A place, which i found my home in the busy area, where you can relax and chill. For myself, this is not just a Barclay House but my Barclay Home, where memories are treasured forever! I definitely shall return to my home.

• Stayed June 2012