“Another Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 49 Vancouver B&B and Inns
St. John's, Canada
“Another Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

This was our third time staying at the beautiful Barclay house, we wouldn't stay anywhere else in Vancouver. We were sad to hear that Arty was no longer there but none the less Dennis was still there. He really made our stay most enjoyable as usual with his witty humour and charming personality. I really highly recommend this beautiful old restored mini mansion in all of its charm and beautiful furnishings, its really like staying in a beautiful boutique hotel. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable and the breakfast are to die for. Five stars all around

Room Tip: The beach room is my favorite, its at the front of the house and lots of natural light, plus it has...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pokeynl
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

Thank you Dennis for our stay in your beautiful house. The B&B was friendly, well placed, the breakfasts were great and the room was just lovely. I look forward to when I can return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank REJ_12
Bayahibe, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

I travel and lot and try to stay at BnBs, but Barclay House definitely made my top 5 list! Dennis is a fantastic host, available but unassuming. I was a little concerned about having a room right T the top of the stairs, but the noise was no problem. The room was very comfortable - great bed, lots of space with a little sitting room, neat and tidy. Barclay House is a perfect location for downtown meetings without having to stay in all the hustle and bustle. It is ten minute walk to the downtown area and ten minute walk to beautiful Stanley Park. They have an arrangement with a local tour company and the tour bus to Vancouver Island met me and dropped me off. I simply could not believe my good fortune in being in such a lovely space!

Stayed April 2012
4 Thank NeophyteHiker
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I thought I had made an online reservation at Barclay House but had not gotten it right. So, I showed up and no one was expecting my arrival. I was out of country, no cell service, no one awaiting my arrival... so I Skyped my husband who called. Dennis answered and broke out of what he was doing at 7 pm on a Friday and met me in minutes. I was fortunate indeed!

It is a beautiful house, nice yard, comfortable seating area on the deck and in back, and very near both the Robson St and Davie St areas. They had a very nice room at a great rate. Breakfast was very good. On top of 'rescuing' me, the service was first rate -- friendly, informative, courteous and attentive.

I had a wonderful stay, I love the location, and I would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Barry V
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just stayed three nights at the Barclay House in Vancouver's west end. Fabulous two room suite with a huge King size bed for a "famous" guy like me (Dennis are listening?). Breakfasts are delicious. The location couldn't be better. Close to Robson and a short walk to Coal Harbor and Vancouver's world class waterfront. We even walked to Stanley Park which was less than 3 kilometers. Clean, comfortable, convenient and affordable. Dennis is your host and will totally take care of your needs. Staying at the Barclay House was our best B&B experience ever. Say hi to Dennis for us and ask him to sing you a tune from "Miss Saigon."

Michael & Pam

Room Tip: If you like a king size bed book the "forester" room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends