“Great Service, Fab Place, Flexible and Friendly”

Barclay House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 54 Vancouver B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“Great Service, Fab Place, Flexible and Friendly”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I thought I had made an online reservation at Barclay House but had not gotten it right. So, I showed up and no one was expecting my arrival. I was out of country, no cell service, no one awaiting my arrival... so I Skyped my husband who called. Dennis answered and broke out of what he was doing at 7 pm on a Friday and met me in minutes. I was fortunate indeed!

It is a beautiful house, nice yard, comfortable seating area on the deck and in back, and very near both the Robson St and Davie St areas. They had a very nice room at a great rate. Breakfast was very good. On top of 'rescuing' me, the service was first rate -- friendly, informative, courteous and attentive.

I had a wonderful stay, I love the location, and I would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Barry V
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Seattle
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just stayed three nights at the Barclay House in Vancouver's west end. Fabulous two room suite with a huge King size bed for a "famous" guy like me (Dennis are listening?). Breakfasts are delicious. The location couldn't be better. Close to Robson and a short walk to Coal Harbor and Vancouver's world class waterfront. We even walked to Stanley Park which was less than 3 kilometers. Clean, comfortable, convenient and affordable. Dennis is your host and will totally take care of your needs. Staying at the Barclay House was our best B&B experience ever. Say hi to Dennis for us and ask him to sing you a tune from "Miss Saigon."

Michael & Pam

Room Tip: If you like a king size bed book the "forester" room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Troutdogs
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Our recent stay at Barclay House was wonderful. Dennis is a marvellous host. He and his staff made our stay in Vancouver very special. The breakfasts were impressive - Eggs Benedict, Breakfast quesadilla, etc. served with beautiful presentation. Our room, The Peak, was a real treat. The Peak is situated on the top floor, has a lovely view of the quiet residential street, is very clean and has everything you need. Downtown Vancouver, English Bay, Stanley Park, restaurants, car rentals, water taxi - are all in easy walking distance. I highly recommend Barclay House.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Marilyn K
Nagoya, Japan
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Barclay House. I was very impressed, clean & tidy, lovely lost. Definitely, it exceeded our expectation. We will be returning for sure!

• Stayed April 2012
7 Thank suemura
Glenside, pa
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I just visited my son, his wife and my new grandson in Vancouver with my 90 year old mother, all the way from Philadelphia. We couldn't have found a better place to stay. Our room was elegant, the breakfasts were scrumptious, and Dennis, our host, is the most wonderful and caring person. I left feeling I had made a new friend. We walked everywhere, had some great meals right down the street where there are all kinds of restaurants, spent time in Stanley park and Granville island all within walking distance. Don't look any further. This is the place to stay. I will becoming back

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family