Barclay House Bed and Breakfast
US$ 447
Westin.com
US$ 360
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$ 412
  • Restaurant
Century Plaza Hotel & Spa(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$ 332
US$ 328
US$ 290
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewspeak roombeach roommountain roomgarden suitewest endstanley parkrobson streetfresh baked cookiesbreakfast was delicioustree lined streetwithin walking distancequiet neighborhoodeach morningdowntown vancouverthree nightslittle touchessitting room
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We were so happy with our first night in Vancouver, staying at this lovely, character bed and breakfast - with a superb host, Denis, and a great breakfast, that we decided to also spend our final night in Vancouver here too (returning 7 nights later). Denis was helpful, accommodating and reassuring (when we were initially delayed in getting there from the ferry) and later in allowing us a later departure due to our later flight out. The location - with the advantage of the complementary, useful, parking space - was perfect for us. Being near to Davie Street which we loved and to Robson street - we were always near to activity and yet the house was very quiet and traditional in a tree lined street full of spring blossoms. The sheets were cotton but silky in feel and luxurious and the decor of the whole place was aesthetically pleasing. We enjoyed our last morning in Stanley Park, very nearby. We would definitely recommend this B and B and we would love to return in the future.

Room Tip: We had the smallest room, Mountain, and we were very happy in it - though it was a little tight for our two suitcases and bags.The bathroom is not en-suite but this is not a problem as it is sole use and down a private corridor off the bedroom, not used by any other guests and with privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sherry r
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed at the Barclay House for 7 days. What a treat! The food was fantastic and the innkeeper, Dennis, and his staff did a phenomenal job of making me feel at home, while providing me with privacy. The area is wonderful for walking and very convenient to everything I wanted to see in Vancouver. When I come back, I will definitely be staying here! Kudos to Dennis & his team!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank K D
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Barclay House is located in Vancouver's West End, and only a few blocks from the restaurants and entertainment on Robson Street. The neighbourhood is quiet, ideal for taking walks and has many character buildings and beautifully restored homes. We stayed in the Haidaway Suite, which is located in the basement of the house. Althought the room is beautiful, we always saw people walking along the side of the house and in the garden outside our windows and had to pull all of the blinds for privacy. There seemed to be a lot of people coming and going from the house. We also didn't find the bed very comfortable - a little too soft.

Dennis is an good host, but we didn't get a chance to meet the other people working at the house. The breakfast was good, even though we were not use to eating vegetarian. They also keep the house very secure - you must remember your key to get to the breakfast area in the morning and to lock the door behind you. After watching my husband and I struggle with the door in the morning they finally decided to let us in.

Overall it was a great stay and would recommend Barclay House for anyone staying in Vancouver.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scrapper77
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I recently traveled to Vancouver with my wife for our one year anniversary celebration. We were looking for a nice location near Robson St. and somewhere that would not be too loud so we could just enjoy ourselves. Our Garden Room was exactly what we were looking for. Dennis was accomodating to any request or question we had and breakfast was outstanding. We have already recommended the Barclay House to our friends and the next time we go to Vancouver it will be our first choice!

Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank William L
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The house is as comfortable as their website photos make it look, and the quality of the breakfasts matched. What I didn't realise was just how convenient I would find the location, with the Robson St shopping strip excellent for restaurants, gift shops and general shopping, it being an easy walk to other downtown locations, and the busses being very frequent making them an easy option. Dennis, the host was very welcoming and accommodating, even arranging a late check-out to align with my late flight.
I was in the Mountain Room, which was comfortable, though not spacious. However, with the main sitting room and dining room available for my use, I was very comfortable. I also saw the Hideaway room which was very spacious.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo