2,486 results
All reviews davie street granville island full kitchen jelly beans continental breakfast great location stanley park sunset beach waffle maker living room west end an executive suite well equipped kitchen front desk staff quiet street dining table secure parking
Reviewed 7 November 2018

My husband who can be very picky was very impressed with our spacious Standard double room suite. A full on kitchen with dining table and chairs, good TV and very clean and bright. Our room was at the back with a view of the back lane but we could see the action on Davie Street and of course downtown Vancouver skyline. If it hadn't been raining and cloudy we likely could have seen the north shore mountains. These rooms (with balcony) are bright because they are corner rooms so daylight from two directions.And then there are the free extras. Breakfast and parking included! unheard of in downtown Vancouver. The staff were friendly and laid back. Great for families.
We will be back. Ideal for longer stays and families. Oh and the BEDS! Super comfortable.

Room tip: I would think the rooms on the front are the quietest but really they are all quiet. Residential neighbourhood.
Reviewed 5 November 2018

Wonderful spacious rooms. It feels like a home away from home. We settled right in and had a wonderful time. Everything is well thought out. The front rooms have a great view. The breakfast was good and a nice feature. Don't judge this hotel by the outside! You a within easy walking distance from the Grandville Island ferry and English bay walkway. Stanley park is an easy walk north.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 November 2018

The neighborhood is great for eating and browsing. We were able to access everything we wanted on foot. Since this property is an apartment building converted to a hotel, the lobby is small and crowded. The visuals aren’t great upon checking in, but the rooms/apartments were terrific. Parking is included.

In-room details, décor etc. were really thought through. Ie, nite light in the bath, Neutrogena bath products stocked, coffee/tea, paper towels. There were recycle, garbage and even compost bins in the kitchen. Inasmuch as the unit had no dishwasher, the maid service included dishwashing. Laundry is on premises. The rooms were very well-decorated, homey and comfortable. Bedding was very comfortable and they provided extra pillows and blankets in the room. The closet and drawer space eating was ample. Really, you could live here for an extended period. Cordial staff.

Breakfasts were in this small weird lobby space, and they only had waffles and cereal, so we didn’t partake (who needs it when you have a whole kitchen for the breakfast of your choice?).

Book early, ask for the “water” view (not much water but the view is great) on a high floor.

But for God’s sake, now that we’ve had a most enjoyable stay at the Sunset Inn, PLEASE take down the constant online pop-up ads. Enough already!

Room tip: Ask for a water view on a high floor.
Reviewed 2 November 2018

I pulled in after a long day drive and wondered where the free parking was located. As I checked in, the clerk said that there was parking in the alley behind the restaurant and then hesitated as if to indicate that maybe I wouldn't want to park there. Instead, he pulled out of his spot in the parking garage that has all of 12 spaces and offered to me. Really nice of him. I was happy to park in a gated garage rather than a questionable alley.

I walked a block over to Davie St and saw a couple people sitting on the sidewalk late at night, and it made me think that maybe parking in the alley would be a little sketchy. Anyway, there were lots of places to eat on Davie St and also a 24 hour drug store. No shortage of activity!

The suite that I had on the 10th floor was really nice. Clean, tastefully decorated and spacious. Others have mentioned questionable housekeeping, but it was outstanding in my suite. I found it interesting that there were only 5 rooms/suites on the 10th floor.

There were a couple of fans in a closet so I wondered if the place was air conditioned in the summer. No worries for late October - it was cool in the suite and I didn't bother to try and figure out how to control the temperature.

Others have commented on the clunky way that the Continental breakfast is served. yeah, it was weird carrying a tray with dishes down the elevator. The lobby is very small, so there isn't much choice on how to provide breakfast in a different way. Croissants, danish, fruit, juice, toast, cereal and waffles were the choices.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2018

It is unique that in such big city, and downtown area we found such great combination of location, suite spaciousness with all home necessities and full kitchen - a bundle for great value. We are very pleased with Sunset Inn and Suites and definately will be back. Thank you all wonderful staff that made our stay extra great.

Date of stay: November 2018