4,215 results
All reviews great location burrard station balcony room tim hortons canada place shower head the club lounge within walking distance drug store stanley park high floor heart of downtown per day convention center few blocks king bed public transportation
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Enjoyed a one-night stay post-cruise. Very convenient location. Beautiful, modern, clean hotel as expected with this chain. Enjoyed local wines and creative cocktails at the Grain & Tasting Bar. We found the Grille restaurant reasonable with fresh, locally-sourced dishes. Service in both venues was top-notch.
Very nice and safe area to walk around in the evening as well with wonderful shopping nearby.
Every urban area has their homeless population - and beware they hang out at the Tim Horton's next door in the early hours or in inclement weather. As I had to be at the train station at 5:30 before the hotel's Starbucks opened, that was the only early am option for me. They weren't a problem except for one guy begging for money. No reflection on the hotel - it is just something that comes with the territory.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I would not recommend this property. It has a good location, decent facilities but really poor staff. They were indifferent to downright rude and unhelpful with even simple requests (where is the nearest pharmacy seemed like too much to ask). It was overly busy in the public areas.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear robertrosen,

I wanted to reach out to you regarding your review. I am very sorry to hear of your experience and would like to assure you this is not up to our high standards of service. I would appreciate it if you can reach out to me directly at brandi.lasanen@hyatt.com so I may get some further details from you. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Vancouver.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed 16 April 2018

The location was great, condition of the hotel and guest rooms were good. The set up and food provided by the hotel for the conference was good. Kitchen staff and servers were very attentive. Front counter staff were abrupt but efficient.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2018

business, pleasure , had family come by , near all transits , near all amenities, enjoy for walks , i will recommend to friends am family , i will be looking for my next training, look forward to another great stay

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2018

My partner and I drove up to Vancouver from Portland, OR for a long weekend getaway. We stayed two nights, the first with a Hyatt Visa anniversary free night certificate and the second paid on a senior rate (approx CAD $270 with taxes). The Hyatt Regency Vancouver is a category 4 property, and the anniversary free night certificate is good for category 1-4 properties.

We parked our car in the garage on a self-park basis, which was considerably less than the CAD $50/night for the valet, and didn’t touch our car until we departed. The Skytrain Burrard station is next door to the hotel.

FIRST IMPRESSION: The drive up entrance to the Hyatt Regency is fairly nondescript. The lobby on the first floor feels rather small, dark, and dated even though it has a soaring three story tall atrium. Mosaic Restaurant and Bar is on the equivalent of the second floor and looks down on the lobby floor. Check in was fast and friendly. The registration clerk acknowledged my Hyatt Discoverist status and upgraded both nights to a high floor city view. She made a point of reminding us that we were eligible for premium high speed internet and complimentary bottled water (normally charged at $3/bottle) and took the time to demonstrate how to use the computerized elevators (selecting our floor 24 on a screen and waiting for an assigned elevator). Hotel location is excellent, just four blocks away from Canada Place.

ROOMS: While the lobby felt dark and dated, the room (2408) was reasonably spacious, brighter and very contemporary. A real plus was an ample distribution of electrical outlets and USB ports for charging multiple devices at the desk and bedside. A coffee maker with Starbucks coffee pods and mini-fridge completed the room amenities. The bathroom was a little on the small side but nicely designed with a wonderful rain shower head. Bath amenities were the standard Hyatt KenetMD brand. In room wi-fi was consistently fast and was available throughout the property.

FITNESS ROOM: Fitness facilities are a major factor in how I judge hotels. The Hyatt’s fitness room is well equipped with five Lifefitness treadmills, three ellipticals, and one recumbent and upright bike each. Refrigerated wet towels and earbuds are available. A heated lap pool (even in mid-April) and hot tub were located just outside the fitness room on the pool deck. Everything was clean and in good working order.

Overall, my partner and I were very satisfied with our stay. We would certainly be happy to return to the Hyatt, especially with a rate at least competitive with other major brands.

Room Tip: Floors above the 22nd have better city views.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple