“Great Location- Lobby very chaotic”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Blaine, Washington
“Great Location- Lobby very chaotic”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

As a Diamond member I was upgraded to a room on the 30th floor. The regency lounge offers a great selection even in it's temporary home. Others have complained of hearing neighbors but I didn't have any issues- Had a sound sleep. Rooms are modern and clean. Only issue I found was the chaotic lobby amd check-in process that took much longer than necessary. Gym even in it's temporary location is also good. Definitely recommend and plan on going back next time I am in Vancouver.

Room Tip: High floor with a view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bozeman
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Listen, Hyatt Regency, I like you... but you have to get it together! I am a top-level Hyatt customer, meaning I'm supposed to get free WiFi among other perks. But what a hassle! I had to call the IT company involved with Hyatt, and go through a lengthy process to register my IP address in order to get our comp WiFi. First of all, it's ridiculous that you still charge anyone $9.95 a day for internet access. But to promise your Platinum members (or whatever you call us = we spend tens of thousands with Hyatt each year) FREE WiFi and then make it a hassle for us?

My room was fine, but entirely UNsoundproof. I could hear every word my neighbors spoke, every bathroom function, every TV channel, loud and clear. I expect this sort of nonsense at a Super 8, not at Hyatt.

Word to the staff: please do not ignore your female guests. I am an executive woman, and I did not receive the eye contact, service or attention sent to my male counterparts. Note: I mostly experienced this discrimination from female staff members, who are used to sucking up to men. Hyatt -- please attend to this matter, or risk alienating your female executive class.

I did like the new elevator system.

I especially loved the services of Bellman Moon, a great guy who stowed my luggage and recommended the Vancouver train to the airport, saving me about $30. Also, he was just a super-swell and very nice man.

1 Thank wundersmack
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear wundersmack,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am happy to hear Moon provided excellent service during your visit, and I have shared your kind words with him. It is also great to hear that you liked our new elevator system. I have shared your feedback regarding your experience signing up for Internet with our IT Manager, so that we can try to ensure future guests don't encounter similar challenges. I would like the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your experience with our other staff members and ask you to contact me at either 604-639-4701, or via email at brandi.lasanen@hyatt.com.

Warm Regards,
Brandi
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed for 4 days at the Hyatt Regency and were happy with the room and the hotel. We had a corner room on the 12th floor that offered great views of the city. The room was comfortable with a large bathroom. The location of the hotel is perfect-right downtown. Steps away from everything. Will book there again next time we go to Vancouver.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank K T
Brampton
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed here Sept 25th-30th for work. Hotel is overpriced in my opionion but so is every other hotel Downtown Vancouver. The room was quaint (small) but very modern in decor which I liked (not the size of the room). Issues I took was I could hear next door neighbour talking every day, walls seem to be very thin! TV remote never worked and Hotel made no attempts to fix it after me mentioning to 3 different people in 3 different occassions. Never really watched TV anyways but would have been nice to have a working remote. Parking like all other places in Vancouver is also ridiculous being over $30/night! Nice to have a Starbucks downstairs in the lobby though and the restaurant had great food!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank fulrach
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed for the weekend at the Hyatt in Vancouver BC, Canada. Though the weather outside was cold the staff was warm and welcoming. Our room was a large suite with a balconey. Unfortunately, it was too cold and rainy to spend time out on it, we enjoyed the view. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom large and accomadating, with a separate shower and bathtub. Having two rooms we were both able to work from either bedroom or living room. They also had a nice touch of a coffee machine that was easy to use and lots of flavors of coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Two large televisions and comfortable furniture. I highly recommend the Hyatt if staying in downtown BC.

1 Thank Robin N