“Great Little Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Little Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We just spent two nights at Moda. It's a very cute boutique hotel, in an excellent location. Our room was small, but cozy and quiet, with a nice bathroom. The staff was incredibly courteous and efficient. The restaurants located within the hotel looked tasty, and the sports bar adjacent to the hotel was a great place to watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs. We'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lydiafoster
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Lydia,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and very glad that you enjoyed what Moda Hotel has to offer; from funky, cozy rooms, friendly and warm service, tasteful food and beverage outlets, and our location.

Big thank you from all of us here at Moda for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warmest regards,

Team Moda
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

This hotel hits the sweet spot for my needs: free wifi, clean, friendly housekeeping and front desk staff, price -- especially in comparison to the conference hotels, good shower, comfy bed, close proximity to my conference venues and downtown, and chic. I didn't experience noise like some of the hotels.com reviewers suggested, and because of jet lag I was sleepy early and in my room often at night (Moda is in a major metro area, so some noise is to be expected, though my experience was a quiet one). The room is smaller than the "standard efficiency" of a major brand and has less storage space, though this didn't concern me because I wasn't planning to move in. I just needed an affordable, safe hotel room during a work related conference (I am a female traveling alone). I'll add that the ceilings are high, my room had hardwood floors, and had an overall quaint feeling that makes me happy (not a "cramped" feeling AT ALL). Oh, and the shower was hot, clean, and had great water pressure. If life brings me back to Vancouver again I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I've stayed here twice now and have enjoyed the hotel so much that I just booked another stay for the end of this month. Considering the location I don't think you can find a better value in Vancouver. The front desk and housekeeping staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are small but comfortable and clean. What more could you need?! Moda Hotel has quickly become my home base when I'm in town for a concert at the Orpheum or Commodore Ballroom.
My only complaint is that whoever looks after their email correspondence isn't terribly concerned with replying to inquiries. Ever. I made a couple of attempts to contact the hotel via email but never received a response. Obviously this hasn't deterred me in the slightest - if I really needed my question answered I could have called - it's just a minor annoyance.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Kirkland, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We were just doing an overnight and did not have much time. Arrived in the later afternoon. You have to park across the street after you get a pass from the hotel. I had to drop off my fiance and drive around while he got the pass. Then we parked and rolled our luggage to the hotel. It was pleasant, priced well and close walking to everything. We walked to shopping, walked to the restaurant we had dinner at, back to the hotel and then to breakfast in the morning. That was great. The room was very nice and large. The only two negatives were the TV in the bedroom did not work. There is another TV in the sitting area. And the placement of the hair dryer is inconvenient. On a wall where the toilet is in the way, so it was hard to dry my hair. Other than that....no complaints. It was priced well and great location. I would stay here again. There are two places to dine right there and that is great if you want to relax and hang around. For the money, it was a nice place and friendly people.

Room Tip: Our room was on the street, but not noisy at all. You might ask for a room off the street if you are...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lsanborn
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Our room was small, clean, charming and we loved it.

Our king size bed was a little hard and took over most of the room but that was okay. We had a corner room, and was bigger than most of the other hotel rooms. We over looked the intersection, it was a little noisey but it never bothered us nor did it take away from the stay. After the first night we didn't even notice any outside noise from street. The room was nicely renovated and the cleaning staff did an amazing job.

My only complaint was the Blue haze in the hallway from some other guest. The hotel did try to deal with this and was only noticeable late at night. This is a young and hip hotel in the heart of the entertainment district. If you are expecting anything else you have booked the wrong hotel for your stay.

The hotel staff was great, friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: This is a young hip hotel, with many younger people staying here. If you are looking for a family fr...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you so much for staying with Moda Hotel during your visit to Vancouver! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards from all of us here at Moda!

Team Moda!