1,675 results
All reviews stanley park davie street bayside lounge great location english bay beach west end street noise sea wall would stay here again an older hotel top floor bus stop tim hortons front desk staff granville island hotel restaurant lots of restaurants
Reviewed 5 November 2018

We have stayed at the Best Western Sands hotel in Vancouver a few times. It is so well located at the foot of Davie Street right on English Bay. Beautiful ocean view sunsets just steps away. Very friendly, professional and courteous staff. Easy parking lot. It is undergoing a few renovations, and so will be even better in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Hello

Thank You for the review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location to be well situated in beautiful English Bay. The sunsets are amazing and are great to watch from the Bayside Lounge. I will pass along your compliments to the staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

My friend and I had an amazing stay at the Sands last weekend, staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were so clean and nice! We will definitely be staying here again the next time we're in Vancouver.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Hello

Thank You for the review of the Best Western Plus Sands. I am glad you and your friend enjoyed your stay in Vancouver and hopefully were able to take in some of the amazing city. I will pass along your compliments to the housekeeping staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

My sister and I stayed at the best western. After reading some review we did not know what to expect however I can honestly say the location is fab the comfort of the hotel is fab and so was the food offered in bar .Everyone at hotel is very helpful and it made our stay most enjoyable would certainly stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Hello

Thanks for the review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotels location and staff to be fabulous. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Vancouver so we can once again deliver exceptional service.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

Our king room was very clean with a comfortable bed, large chair and ottoman and partial views of scenic English Bay. We were just steps from walking and biking paths along the beach and beautiful Stanley Park. We could walk to all kinds of restaurants along Denham St and Robson St, and the staff, both by phone and in person were so pleasant and helpful. We choose the parking and breakfast package online and the cooked breakfast in the lounge was well prepared. We had such a great stay we have booked two more nights at the end of our trip.

Room tip: Higher floors have partial views of English Bay
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Hello

Thank you for the review of the Best Western Plus Sands. I am glad you enjoyed your entire stay with us from the area to the King Bed room. I hope you have a great trip and we all look forward to seeing you on when you return.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

The hotel was average in terms of decor and appearance. Aside from aesthetics, the staff and guest room were satisfactory. Parking was an additional charge, and the lot did not appear to be secure nor under surveillance. For the price of the hotel, I would have stayed closer to the city/shops.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Hello

Thank You for the review of the property. I am glad you enjoyed your stayed with us and founds the rooms to your liking. We do have hotel security and night maintenance that do parking lot checks every hour to help prevent intruders in the parking lot. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Vancouver.