“Listel Vancouver Rocks!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto
“Listel Vancouver Rocks!”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I had been travelling for four nights on a train in economy class which was nice but not very comfortable. We arrived in Vancouver and found our way to Our Hotel the Listel. I had picked this Hotel because of its location and art work. I had read the reviews on this very site and it seemed to be in a great location and only a couple of negative reviews. I must admit I was a little nervous about the negative reviews. It is true one negative will cancel all the positives.
We arrived at 11 am and were not to check in till 3, this was no problem they took us right in with no questions I found the staff so helpful. The bed and room were incredible. We had a view of the alley but that was fine we loved our room.It had everything we needed.
After a long nap I walked everywhere the location of this Hotel is fantastic. We stayed there for three nights and I would certainly stay here again without any doubts.I felt very safe.
Best stay in Vancouver clean, friendly efficient staff and location. Thank you Listel B from Ontario.

Room Tip: I loved the location of our room it backed on to the alley not on Robson so it was quiet except as t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Buttons H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
london
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Having come up trumps with various Priceline deals, we did something similar with the Top Secret hotels on last minute and the Listel was the hotel allocated.
The hotel is decent and gave us nothing complain about but having sampled Vancouver's other 4 stars for the same bid price, it was disappointing, in that it does not have the same level of facilities as the others, such as pool, hot tub etc.

It was nice to be situated in another part of town and it's in walking distance of Stanley Park and plenty of good shops and restaurants as well as close to the Waterfront.

Whilst they present themselves as a boutique hotel due to the artwork and sculptures situated around the place, there is little in the rooms that sets them apart from an average hotel room and I would place the rooms at more of a three star level than a four star as once away from the main Foyer and lift areas, the decor was a little tired.

The bed was comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful, with a wine evening offering guests complimentary glasses (we already had arrangements and did not partake), there is nothing to complain about as such but it also lacked any real wow, where you walk into your room for the first time and smile that you've got a great one, especially when we have stayed at the Westin, Rennaisance and the Hyatt for the same bid price as this.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Read the reviews here and was not disappointed. What I was really surprised by was the art. The art here are from previous exhibitions, museum quality, interesting, fun, and phenomenal in places. The rooms are spacious, the bathroom a little smallish and perhaps will need remodeling in a year or two. The internet was a little sketchy. With wireless, I would get bounced off a few times an hour, but was able to get back on right away. The location is great and safe and walking distance to a number of things. A bar named O'Doul's raises different expectations (if one comes from Boston) -- this bar/restaurant was pretty classy with really nice waitstaff, excellent wines, and jazz trios 3 nights a week.
If I come to Vancouver again, I wouldn't hesitate to just book here. Almost totally satisfied (remembering I'm the "verycriticaltraveler").

Room Tip: 3rd floor alley view was fine
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank verycriticaltraveler
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Decided on this hotel for location and based on last min research for a 1 night stay. It's withing walking distance to everything and the lobby was nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful to offer good places for drinks and some good eats. They have a small gallery attached to the hotel and I was able to get complimentary pass to view the small exhibit they had that night which included a wine bar. Directly adjacent to the hotel is a restaurant/wine bar which I took advantage of and used that same evening. Valet parking is available and is reasonable. There is a good pizza place just down the street to the left of the hotel on the other side of the street that is open late should you require sustenance in the wee hours. the Rooms were clean and modern. I would definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Duncan, B.C.
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Our trip to Vancouver was business related during a stressful time, but the calming atmosphere of the Listel Hotel made it seem like a relaxing holiday. The room was quiet and comfortable for relaxing, yet with free WiFi and all the outlets needed it was also ready for business when we were. All the staff were friendly and ready to help when we needed directions (driving or walking); the restaurant was phenomenal; the art work was tastefully displayed; with the crowning touch being the beautifully wrapped cookies left on the dash of our car for our departure. We'll definitely go back.

Room Tip: I loved the corner suite with the extra window. I could still see Robson Street from the one window...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business