“The Listel Hotel is BEAUTIFUL!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Listel Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #23 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Portland, Oregon
“The Listel Hotel is BEAUTIFUL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I travel extensively in the states for work. I'm in a hotel about 2 weeks a month...and I've not stayed in a hotel or room this nice EVER. (And I stay in nice hotels.) There was a Groupon special for this hotel and I bought 2 nights without doing much research. I went Groupon = Good deal. A few days before I went I called the hotel to confirm. I was LUCKY and got Vera on the line. I LOVE Vera!! She made me feel like I was talking to a friend...and I was. She set us up in the best room in the hotel. It is the one of the suites- the one that you see in the Listel Hotel shots on their website. We had no idea we were going to get set up THIS GOOD. The room was amazing! The only drawback is that the room was so pretty we hated to leave the hotel! We stayed for three days, but honestly, I could have just moved in. I love the city of Vancouver and I LOVED this room! The nighttime view from your own balcony is superb! You are within walking distance to everything- it's all right there. You even get a view of the harbor. AMAZING.

Special note: Usually I don't go to the restaurants in hotels. The food tends to be over priced and bland. Not so here. O'Doul's Restaurant and Bar is fantastic! We ate there the last night, as we were trying to live it as large as we could. We wanted to try to spend a little more time in that awesome room...and didn't want to go far for dinner. It was the BEST meal we had in Vancouver. Service, excellent. Food, unbelievably good! (And I travel a lot - I'm not a jerk- but I'm not usually this impressed.)

I wish I was in Vancouver more often. I would always stay here and always stay in this suite. It is really that great. Thank you, Vera!!

Room Tip: The suite on the top floor is amazing! I didn't get a chance to see other rooms. This one was...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Put up quite a few clients and have been really happy. Guests recognition is almost immediate, great perks like free long distance and wifi and a terrific restaurant. Rates offer excellent value, especially in a such a great city as Vancouver

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

The Listel is a great hotel... it's on Robson in close proximity both to the West End and Downtown. Arriving badly jetlagged after a long haul trip from Europe I was charmed by the warm and friendly service at reception. Great, spacious room with huge comfortable bed. Interesting Aboriginal art in corridors and rooms. Invited to wine tasting which was a nice touch. Hotel places an emphasis on eco-awareness and sustainability. Free, reliable wi-fi. Great mini-bar!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Micheál B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Excellent customer service and attention to detail.

• Stayed November 2011
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

I regularly stay in this beautiful small hotel in downtown Vancouver. Has comfortable rooms, including the special touch of window seats/lounges. The art work in the rooms, halls and lobby is spectacular, including Aboriginal artwork from the Museum of Anthropology. The rooms have great minibar selections. The hotel offers regular wine tastings in a gallery off the lobby, a great opportunity to relax, enjoy art, and chat with others before dinner. The hotel's restaurant O'Doulls has delicious westcoast fare, great service and is wonderfully spacious. So many additional tailored touches make this hotel special, such as the option of free coffee delivered to your room in the morning. The internet service is not an additional cost. All of this makes a visit to this hotel a pleasure. And for me it is also important that this hotel is environmentally conscious - its cosmetic products are not delivered in plastic containers that end up in the landfill, and multiple types of recycling are observed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business