“Good hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #14 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four days. The service was excellent, the concierge was top notch and the rooms were well kept. Housekeeping was better than most. I consistently came back to find my room clean and they even folded my dirty laundry for me which I thought was a nice touch. Overall, I liked it here and don't have a lot to add since the other reviews are positive as well.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Ski G,

Thank you for your kind note of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

I am so pleased we were able to exceed your expectations on so many levels during your visit, and most notably by our Concierge and the unsung heroes of the property – our Housekeeping team.

Your comments are gracious and we are appreciative to receive them. I’ll be sure to share your observations with our team, as I know it will inspire them.

Many thanks, and we look forward to having you back in our Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver home.

Hotel Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I spent the weekend at the Four Seasons hotel in down town Vancouver. Unfortunately I arrived just at the start of the '4 20' event (marijuana rally) that was taking place across the street at the front of the art galley. It took me an hour to twist through back lanes and alleys to get to the hotel, but this was not the fault of the hotel. In fact, they left a letter in everybodies room warning them of the event and explaining that they were taking measures to filter the air so that second had smoke was not sucked into the building. Security was also considered, but not required.

The room was very clean and the staff were very polite and helpful. They have a new restaurant in the hotel called 'Yew'. It is a seafood restaurant, and because the hotel is right on the west coast, the seafood is as fresh as you can get it. The chef has come up with a wonderful menu and is kid friendly (although is there were any children in the restaurant, you would never know it).

The only downside of this hotel is the depth of the indoor-outdoor pool. I like a deeper pool, than is provided here, but the landscape is beautiful. A wedding at this hotel would be spectacular. While at the exercise room, try the complementary flavored water. They flavour the water using fresh fruit and herbs. Very refreshing!

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Diver1964,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your most gracious and positive note. Your comments truly made my day, and I am so appreciative to receive them.

I am so thrilled to learn that you felt as though we managed the ‘420 Rally’ well; however, I would still like to extend my apologies for any inconvenience it may had cause you through your arrival experience. Feedback is so important to us, and I will keep your comments so we may better constructive a framework to address traffic and road closures on that day for our guests.

Thank you so much for your kind words of our colleague and service. Quite simply we are blessed to have such competent and dedicated group of people. I will share your thoughts with them, as there is no better motivation than words of praise from our guests for a job well done.

Thank you once again for the observations and wonderful feedback. We look forward to your next visit in Vancouver.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The staff was very nice and accommodating across the board. From the bell men to the restaurant, Yew, we were always greeted with a smile and welcome. Our Premier Preferred View room gave us a couple of really nice ways to look across the city to the mountains and see just how magnificent the landscape around the city is. I thought the view was well worth the up charge for the room. It also offered us space to spread out a little and not be confined to just a bedroom. The couch and chairs were very comfortable and provided a nice place to relax before our next walk around the city. Speaking of which, the location of the hotel is ideal as you are just a few blocks from Gastown, the port and other attractions around the city.

It was also very bright and clean. I would stay here any time I was in Vancouver again.

The included shoeshine service was excellent as well since I didn't have a spare pair of shoes with me, and they were right there on my door handle in the morning as promised.

Room Tip: We got a Premier Preferred View room that gave us a corner room on a high floor. This provided a gre...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear crobinson_austin,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your recent visit to Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. We appreciate your observations and complimentary feedback.

I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and that you left with such a great impression of our team and the service provided. Your note is truly a wonderful testament to our staffs’ professionalism and dedication. We are so blessed to have such individuals.

I am pleased to hear you found our central location in arms reach of whatever you need; such a timesaver! Our view is a view I never get tired of – the majestic mountains and surrounding waters – wonderful.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver for future stays.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

This hotel is one of the best hotels I've stayed at in Canada. It is a case of getting what you pay for, and this hotel is not inexpensive. Valet parking great ; Restaurant service and food fantastic ; rooms very well appointed. Location is right downtown Vancouver. Entrance to the hotel although having a West Georgia address; in and out access to the hotel is via Howe Street. From the hotel, there is a very short walk to the waterfront promenade where the sea planes come and go. Lots of shopping in the mall attached to the hotel.
A few things that are a little over the top in terms of price that most customers may not notice, but I did. A daily rate of $12.95 for the internet? A price of $7.50 for a 1 litre bottle of water in the room? Free wireless would be nice so one doesn't have to go to the business centre. The answer from the staff that the business centre can be used free of charge, is not a good alternative.
Most mornings there is only coffee in the lobby, one morning (Wednesday) there were little muffins as well? What about muffins Monday - Tuesday? I don’t think I am the target customer for this hotel, but I did enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: Harbour view room would be best.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank gord999
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed in Vancouver with our children for two nights at the end of ski vacation. We were looking forward to being pampered at The Four Seasons and we were not disappointed. Everyone went out of their way to know us by name and to make sure that everything was perfect. The pool and hot tub were great. The hotel was centrally located. The restaurant was good and the staff were very attentive. We highly recommend The Four Seasons Vancouver.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JulieN315
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

Dear Jnags,

I am so pleased that you and your family were able to stay with us at the end of your ski vacation. The snow in Whistler was great this season. I am so pleased to hear that our colleagues went above and beyond what you expected. Thank you for sharing your favourable comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.