“Phenomenal service, beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rosewood Hotel Georgia

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #3 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Denver, Colorado
“Phenomenal service, beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I highly recommend this hotel--from the time I made my reservation to when I checked out, the service was exceptional. I was heading to a conference in Vancouver and Diane in reservations worked with me to ensure we were able to stay in the hotel even though the conference organizers could not get us a room. Thank you, Diane! The hotel property was amazing but it was the service and attention to detail that blew me away. From the turn down service that came with a bottle of water and shortbread cookie, to the Nespresso machine in the room, to the beautiful gym-- it was all wonderful. The bathroom is incredible as well. Beautiful accents made me feel as if I was in a spa bathroom. When we asked for a sushi reservation that was close to the hotel, the concierge recommended a delicious and very reasonably priced place. The concierge made a reservation for us and then followed up to make sure it was up to our expectations. On our last day, we checked out and were heading straight to the airport. The concierge on duty recommended that we take the sky train to save a bunch of money and time. He even walked us part way over to the station. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this hotel. Service is exceptional. I will now go out of my way to see if there is a Rosewood hotel in any city that I am visiting.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank emilyCO
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Simply amazing service... Attention to the littlest detail, amazing room, the most comfortable bed ever!! From check-in to check-out, everyone is extremely professional, helpful and genuine. Handwritten personalized welcome note, turndown service, everything was perfect. They even sent me a custom declaration form to the room so that I could have an extra 2 minutes sleep for a very early flightbthe next morning! And the hotel is simply beautiful!!

Best hotel stay ever!

Room Tip: Loved the superior room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mcdess
salmon arm, bc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I booked this hotel for nostalgic reasons - the Georgia is a Vancouver icon and I wanted to see what the Rosewood chain had accomplished after a complete gut and rebuild. It surpassed my expectations - not so much the room, which was very lovely and well appointed, but the helpful, friendly and very attentive staff. I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels over the past 10+ years, but the service here was exceptional. The concierge and valet service were extremely friendly and helpful and the front desk staff was very accommodating and upgraded us upon arrival. The location is perfect for downtown Vancouver, the room was tastefully decorated and had all the amenities incl. an oversize bathroom, I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone I know going to Vancouver.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank joans51
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Georgia over the Easter holiday weekend. The location was excellent. It was easy walking distance to the Pacific Centre, Robson Street, and Gastown. The room was a nice size and bathroom was well laid out with heated floors. Many thanks to the concierge team as they were the most helpful we have ever encountered. We ate at the Hawksworth Restaurant and at Reflections and all meals were exceptional. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Caymanss
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We know the real reason people stay at hotels is "the service" each property is able to provide. We know you have a choice of what hotel to stay in when you come to our beautiful city and we appreciated your selection of Rosewood Hotel Georgia to enjoy our one to one personalized service.

Reflections alfresco lounge on our 4th floor has been a BIG hit to locals and our guests so I am pleased you liked it. It's fun place to relax and enjoy the outdoors while sipping on your favourite cocktail. As you know it's open from Noon each day except Sunday. Watch for a special Sunday brunch coming soon.

Hawksworth Restaurant continues to WOW our guests. It truly has become Vancouver's hottest venue for dining.

Come back again very soon.

Warm Regards,

Steve Halliday
Managing Director
Prince Rupert
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I stayed one night at the Rosewood. It was supposed to be five nights as I was at a conference. We were really looking forward to it. The pool was wonderful on the first day.

However, the room was very well appointed but very small for two people. We put up with it for the first night. It was a funny shaped room - very long and narrow. My wife kept saying that we wouldn't be spending any time in the room anyways.....

The room overlooked the interior courtyard and on the second night a band was playing in the court yard. I phoned and complained about the noise and was told that the band would only be playing to 11:00 pm or so. . I said that my expectation was that when I rented a room, I expected it to be quiet. Further more that they knew that I was staying for five nights and that if they had a band going for a event, they should not have booked the rooms overlooking the court yard. There was no apology. Simply a reiteration that the band would shut down around 11:00 pm.

I insisted on another room demanded to speak to the night manager. Got a phone call back about 15 minute later (9:30 pm or so) and more talk about the band shutting down. I got pretty angry and hung the phone. Phoned the Sutton Place (2 blocks away) and they had a room. Then I got another phone from the front desk of the Rosewood saying they would be giving me a 'complimentary upgrade'. Talk about arrogance! They were the ones that booked me into a room that they should never had let given that they had a band going.

Said thanks but no thanks and that I would be downstair in five minutes to pay my bill. Which I did. My wife and I then caught cab over to the Sutton Place.

Sutton Place was great. The rooms are good sized and it was really nice and quiet. Gym was okay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dan r
Dear Sir,

I have reviewed your posting to Trip Advisor and wish to apologize for your disappointing experience while staying here.

This is not how we take care of our guests. Please forgive us.

I will personally speak to our associate who handled your call.

The music formatting from our 4th floor alfresco bar Reflections Lounge which closes at 11Pm is planned to never disturb the courtyard guests. The level of sound that night was totally our fault.

We pride ourselves in memorable guest service and comfort and when we get any complaint from a guest we all treat it as a "gift" so we can rectify the issue that it never happens again.

On behalf of my entire team, we are very sorry this happened to you and I hope we can make it up to you some time in the near future.

Please give us another chance. We will not let you down the next time.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this comment.

Steve Halliday