My sister and I visited this "heaven on earth" last month. From the filtered water pitchers, to the wine glasses, heated bathroom floor, fluffy robes, impeccable service, and gorgeous, breathtaking views from our 3rd story room,(or during a bath out the window strategically placed in the bathroom) the hotel library, or from the beach, this place is Heaven!
We had been on a raucous whale watching trip and I became quite sea sick. The waiter in the restaurant bar suggest ginger beer which quickly calmed my queasy tummy. We also had the cheese platter and soup. Both were outstanding!
I truly hope to make it back to this unbelievable place sometime in the future.....maybe my 40th wedding anniversary?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Tofino, Vancouver Island