2,332 results
All reviews lighthouse suite pettinger point the kitchen surf sisters master bedroom fire pit surf shack rain slickers storm watching hot chocolate living area ocean front tofino area amazing location soaker tub bottle of wine vancouver island
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We stayed at Pacific Sands during storm watching season, for 5 nights. We stayed in the beach house suite. The location is great, right on the beach and only a 5 min drive into the heart of town. The beach house is nice, spacious and the amenities are decent. We ended up staying here because we wanted to be close to the water and have a kitchen. We were also looking for a place with a hot tub or pool, Pacific Sands does not have either and overall it was hard to find anything in Tofino that had everything we wanted within our budget, so Pacific Sands for us was the best option. On most fronts this hotel was good but I had to give a poor overall rating for 2 reasons. The first and primary reason is that the bed was the worst bed I've ever slept in. I stay in about 5 - 6 hotels per year; and I've backpacked through countries like Cambodia staying in hostels and have never experienced such a horrible bed. I woke up in the middle of the night on my first night and was in agony. My back was spasming and I tried sleeping on my side and that was extremely painful. The next day I could barely walk and had to take advil throughout the day and get a massage just to be functional. The rest of the trip we slept on the sofa bed, which wasn't great but was still dramatically better then the bed in the bedroom. And worst of all when I told the guy at the front desk his response was "oh". Clearly no one cared. For this and this alone I cannot recommend Pacific Sands to anyone and will never stay here again. A final more minor point that the house keeping staff doesn't do to much in terms of actual house keeping. They don't do any dishes, you have to do them yourself. We are on vacation to escape the day to day chores and routines of life so not something we want to do and it wouldn't be as big a deal if they had dishwashers in the unit but they don't, which is a shame considering they seem to have been renovated in the last couple of years. Overall, great location, not worth the pain and suffering and lack of empathy from staff. I will never be back!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 643sumeeth
Markus M, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear 643sumeeth,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with Pacific Sands.

Let me start out by sincerely apologizing that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. Pacific Sands prides ourselves in being a "home away from home" allowing guests from around the world to breathe, relax, and enjoy everything that is Tofino and it's beautiful surroundings.

You stayed in a One Bedroom Beachfront Suite. As you stated these units have been recently renovated, including brand new Simmons Beauty Rest Elite - Winston Pillow Top (medium firmness) mattresses. As you'll see on this page, we very rarely receive complaints about our bedding, on the contrary, we usually receive praise for how comfortable our bedding amenities are. I will share you feedback immediately with the Maintenance Manager, and have that specific mattress investigated, as it sounds like something is deeply faulty with it.

The second part of this is extremely concerning. Had something of this magnitude been brought to Guest Services immediately, I can personally vouch we would have rectified the situation immediately. Our Guest Services team is known for going above and beyond to make every guests experience exceptional, this includes conflict resolution, and extending extra concern to guests who have showcased negative first impressions. You'll see this reflected in the plethora of "Excellent" reviews on this page, all surrounding our staff and their ability to exceed guest's expectations. I am truly sorry you did not get to experience this, and I would urge you to contact myself immediately at markus@pacificsands.com to discuss further details and amend this situation.

On a final note, Housekeeping does offer a daily stay-over service. Should guests require any additional cleaning such as the washing of their dishes, guests need only but ask, and it will be taken care of. Again, I apologize that this was not clearly communicated to you at check-in. We do have multiple accommodation options on the property that do include dishwashers in the units, perhaps these would have been better suited for your needs.

Unfortunately, it would appear that Pacific Sands has failed to deliver a memorable and relaxing experience for you. This is definitely not the norm, and I do sincerely hope you reach out to myself. My hope being should you return to Tofino, Pacific Sands will change your mind by offering you an amazing experience.

Markus McRurie
Evening Supervisor

Reviewed 9 November 2017

a fantastic place to celebrate a special occasion or to simply find time to breathe and relax. Very accommodating for our needs as well as an excellent pet friendly location. Staff and service was excellent!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear M5271Ldianek,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with Pacific Sands!

We're thrilled you had a fantastic stay with us, and that you had time to "breathe and relax" in Tofino!

We hope to see you again soon!

Markus McRurie
Evening Supervisor

Reviewed 9 November 2017

You can't beat the location for a bit of rest and relaxation. Resort and staff were great. Walked the beaches at all times of the day. Ocean waves were mesmerizing. Watched the multitude of surfers trying to catch the best ones for a long run.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Everything was good but was spoiled by carpet with multiple stains (vomit?). Not expected at over $500 per night... Location was perfect. Late night checkin was useful after catching 7 pm ferry from Vancouver.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank jimrO7143AC
Backroom, Front Office Manager at Pacific Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Good morning Jim R,

thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your feedback.

We apologize for the state of the carpet in your unit. Unfortunately, the carpet sustained bleach stains from a previous guest and we were unable to have it corrected prior to your arrival.

Although it is unsightly, we can assure you it was cleaned thoroughly and will be repaired immediately,

Again, we are sorry to hear that this detracted from your experience with us and hope to welcome you back in future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any further comments or concerns.

Warm regards,
Sabrina Donovan
Guest Services Manager
sabrina@pacificsands.com

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Stayed with friends to celebrate birthday. Excellent weather for this time of year. Great place to relax and enjoy nature at it's finest. Many trails in area still open. First day got some local Dungeness crabs for dinner. Pots and utensils provided by Resort. First time we stayed in one of the beach houses. Awesome view and just steps from the ocean. Have been going here for over 14 years. Staff are friendly and very accomodating

Room tip: First time ever we stayed in the beach house but other suites are available at more reasonable rates
Date of stay: October 2017