We were able to take a two day weekend out from Vancouver and had gotten a deal with Travelzoo for two nights at Pacific Sands. Normally, we would not be able to afford it but for $109/night it was affordable! This was especially important considering the cost to get over on the ferry each way was $98! We stayed at the Lighthouse Suites on the ground floor. The place was well kept and not crowded. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Although it was rainy, we enjoyed going out to the beach (right in front of the suite) because the resort provided raincoats! What a nice touch! They also have 'showers' so you can hose down your foot wear before you go back into your room. The suite had a separate bedroom and the living room had a pullout couch. The kitchen was small on counter space and the fridge often didn't close properly but all the plates, pans, machines (coffee, toaster, kettle) were very nice and clean..almost new! They don't have a dishwasher or phone but they do have free internet and there is no hassle with passwords or anything. Lots of DVD's to 'rent' (money goes to a wildlife foundation) but we found we didn't really need to use that because we were on the beach most of the time! There is a nice hike to a point which has excellent views of Cox bay and Chesterman beach. I would stay here again if I could! I recommend this place to anyone! We've stayed at different places in Tofino and this is by far the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort is located on 41 pristine acres of property and 2500 feet of ocean front on Cox Bay. Adjacent to the Pacific Rim National Park all suites and Luxury Beach Houses offer spectacular ocean or beach front views, mesmerizing sunsets and breathtaking storm watching. A walk to Pettinger Point is a must. Enjoy unrivaled culinary splendors at one of Tofino's many restaurants. Adventure tours of the Clayoquot Sound, beach combing and surfing are the most popular activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Sands Beach Hotel Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort Tofino, Vancouver Island