“Unplug and Reconnect”

Pacific Sands Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Pacific Sands offers a perfect balance between getting away from it all without giving up the pampering. We stayed at pet friendly two bedroom beachouse with a hot tub. The ocean view and sound of the surf were hypnotic. The accomodations and kitchen had everything we needed to be completely self sufficient. The hotel staff offerred enough distance to keep the tranquility, yet ensured that everything was fully stocked, well supplied and clean.

Pacific Sands exceeded expectations on all levels, and the entire family (and the dog) can't wait to return to this resort.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Pacific Sands was just what I needed. With work stress and mommy duties I needed a time out for me! My partner and I headed out to Tofino sans kids to unplug and relax. Pacific Sands allowed us to do just that. We were in one of the beach houses and it felt like we were going on a wilderness retreat. The views from the house were spectacular and it was so relaxing to go to sleep at night with the sound of the ocean. The kitchen was fabulous and well stocked. We pretty much ate in every night as the restaurants in Tofino can be a bit pricey. We picked up some fresh crab and mussels and had a feast thanks to the big stock pot and crab utensils that were already provided for us in the kitchen. The place was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful. We had 3 days in pure heaven. Can't wait to go back for my next time out!

Room Tip: If you have kids and can afford to upgrade to a 2 bedroom beach house I would highly recommend it! T...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shannon R
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is a great place and I can hardly wait to go back. The view from our Lodge unit was spectacular. Our condo was attractive, clean and well equipped. The staff were welcoming and helpful. The small kitchen had everything we needed while the fireplace provided a welcome place to relax after a day spent hiking in the national park and exploring the beaches in the area. Tofino is great any time of year and it was particularly nice to be there without the summer crowds. Just remember to pack your rain gear and leave the sunscreen behind!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edith P
Reviewed 19 March 2012

After an upsetting episode with a staff member last Easter, Pacific Sands issued me a 2-day gift certificate (with date & time limitations). I returned to the resort on Mar. 10 & 11 2012. I found lots of coffee filters in the condiment basket (staff refused to provide me with a 5-cent filter last time I was here). I had a good laugh however when I discovered the English Breakfast tea tin empty! hahahaaaa I wasn't concerned as I bring my own tea and I'm sure I would have been supplied with some had I asked. The villa was in the last group away from the main beach but it was only a short walk away. I was realy disappointed to see so many dogs running on the beach off leash. In a 1.5 hr period I counted over 8 dogs running loose and had one repeatedly attempting to jump up on me. The owner had to finally grab the dog by the collar and hold it. I also observed several dogs marking the logs (peeing on them) so I did not sit on the logs and watch the waves as I would normally do. I do not dislike dogs, quite the opposite actually but I do not want a wet and muddy dog jumping on me. If I was paying $400+ a night for a stay I would not want to be dealing with other peoples uncontrolled pets. I am glad I had the chance to return but would not re-book due to the dog issue.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, the villas would not be the best choice as the bedrooms are upstairs an...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank sok30_11
pacificsands, Manager at Pacific Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear SOK30_11,

We are glad that we were able to welcome you back to our Resort and that you enjoyed your stay for the most part.
Just to let you know, for future travel plans that all beaches in the area are considered public and we find that most pet owners are very respectful and pick up after their pets.
Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards....Lara Kemps/Resort Manager

Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Pacific Sands Resort was the perfect choice for our 2 families with 4 adults, 2 dogs and 2 Toddlers we stayed in one of the 2 bedroomed villas and it was ideal. Clean, fresh, well equipped and with a Sea Front View to die for. The staff were very accommodating and welcoming and I was particulary impressed with the dog bowls, treats, towels and outdoor shower facilities for our 2 enthusiastic, sand covered dogs! We used the BBQ's in the Gazebo, despite the pouring rain and found them well heated & well equipped. Our toddlers particularly enjoyed bathing in the giant Bath Tub in the master bedroom which looked out on to the beach. A great mini-break which I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family