“Crystal Cove is compact and expensive”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tofino
Crystal Cove Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne
“Crystal Cove is compact and expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed at Crystal Cove during the busy season, and were extremely disappointed with their RV park. A very snooty and unfriendly young lady at reception nearly induced me to turn around and walk out, but her male colleague was a little more interested and friendly. We had one of the most expensive overnight stays of our entire tour of BC, and probably the smallest plot which was cheek-by-jowl with our neighbours on both sides. The showers were very basic, and not very clean, which is the least you expect at that price. The washing machines were ancient and not particularly effective. The free firewood was damp and unusable. We won't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tarabMelbourne
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Vancouver, B.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is our 3rd or 4th time to Crystal Cove, and we love it. We always stay in the log cabins, which are really super clean, and fully stocked with everything you would need. Large kitchen to prepare meals and bbq on the deck. Short stroll to the beach which is perfect for kids with a wide beach, great for flying kites and letting the kids run around. At night we made bonfires on the beach and roasted marshmellows. Perfect! The grounds are immaculately kept...
We love the treehouse cabins, as there is a shared hottub between 3 units but we usually always have this to ourselves. Except this time. During our entire 4 day stay, there was a family of too many kids and babies, that were constantly in the hottub with their toys and swim diapers. This time it was not too inviting.......(not the fault of the resort)

I would say that the only negative of this resort is that it is shared with an RV park. For the money that you pay, you are just a few feet away from RVs and tents. Not exactly the same ambiance. (romantice log cabin right next to campers). They are noisy, and contstantly have fires burning night and day, and the RV's leave really early in the mornings... I really wish that they(the resort) would change this..

All in all, I would still go back.

Room Tip: I love the treehouse cabins because of the hottub, but hate that they are right beside RV's and...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Four Moms and their six sons headed to Tofino this summer so the boys could try surfing. We picked Crystal Cove 'cause one Mom was bringing her RV. The two-storey place I stayed in with another Mom and her two boys was perfect for us. Lots of room on the main floor for meals, games of Pictionary and board games as well as the sprawling around that boys like to do. The beds were very comfortable, everything was super clean and in good working order, and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Loved that they had free coffee, ice, and DVDs available. The grounds are beautifully kept - immaculately in fact. We all decided it was a great 'find' and that we would return if travelling to Tofino.

Room Tip: The units close to the water looked quite cozy and inviting.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed in a cottage at Crystal Cove. The 2-storey cottage was very cool, rustic and well equipped. Good combo TV/DVD (the front desk has a good DVD library that costs nothing). The kitchenette had all the cutlery, tools, pots/pans for a major meal. The hot tubs are shared by 3-4 units and during our stay we pretty much had it to ourselves even the resort was busy. The hot tubs in the tree tops was a neat idea. There was a very good playground near the office too. The resort is just off MacKenzie Bay, which is shallow and good for kids with a wide sandy beach. A small lagoon right in front of the resort was a great spot to beachcomb during low tide.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Sunshine Coast, B.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

My husband and I stayed in a B&B in Ucluelet in November 2010 for storm watching which was beautiful for couples only! This time we wanted to share our experience with our kids and friends and our puppy. After a lot of researching I found Crystal Cove Beach Resort. Other locations turned me off just by their attitude on the phone. Right from the start when I phoned every women I spoke with, was more than helpful, friendly and polite. I have only one word of advise, I phoned back once to add an additional cabin to have more friends join us and this time it was a man who helped me book the additional cabin. He was very quick to suggest that this was not a party resort, which did insult me and I reminded him that we are in our 40s and 50s with kids ranging from 8-23 years old. Luckily I ignored him, but please be careful how you way your words, that could have changed my mind if I was little more sensitive. Anyways, I booked 3 waterfront cabins #1 - 2 - 3 they were all just beautiful. I so wanted this to be close to perfect and it was everything I had hoped for and more. Everyone that we treated was blowin' away. Right from the moment we got there the girls explained everything to us, the grounds and landscaping were immaculate ( you would never know they allow pets) The rooms were beautiful, decks basically right on the beach, they have dog washing stations, towels just for the dogs. Firewood supplied, bar-b-ques. Just simply everything you could think of. I can honestly say I was completely impressed. I shouldn't be telling all of this because if I ever try to book another holiday I will never get a room. LOL!! Thank you all at Crystal Cove Beach Resort for truely a beautiful holiday with our family and friends and pups. WE WILL BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: If I am going to stay at a Beach Resort I want a water view and in these cabins thats what you get
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends