“Disappointing”

Ganges Marina and Boatel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salt Spring Island
Ganges Marina and Boatel
comox
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Basic marina with basic services BUT the personal services were horrible.

After arriving the girl who assisted us dock briefly pointed out the electrical box we were to use and we noted it and then paid for service BUT we only secured the boat before leaving to enjoy the village and go to dinner, thinking we could connect shore power when we got back as we did not need it immediately. BIG mistake.

After dinner we got back to the boat relatively late (about 10 PM) The marina office was closed, which we commented on as we passed because we were wondering how folks sign in when they arrive after hours.

When we got back to the boat we discovered there was an out of service sticker on the only remaining electrical outlet so we went into conserve mode and did not use any electrical that night nor could we charge our various computers or phones etc. ... no real biggie, we figured we'd let them know in the morning and we'd get our $5 fee refunded.

When my husband reported it in the morning he was basically told they would NOT refund our money and the reason was that he did not report it ON the day and he was told there was no way they could know if we were telling the TRUTH. Basically he was called a liar. I was shocked to be treated in such a manner over such a silly small issue. They did send someone over to confirm that there was indeed an out of service sticker on our receptacle ... it was about 10 AM when they did and unfortunately our neighbours had left and I immediately plugged us in so we wouldn't get stuck with the non functioning slot for our second night. Keep in mind that my husband was called a liar BEFORE anyone came to check.

It became a matter of principle for me at that point. I was not going to stand for being called a liar and I was NOT going to pay for a service I did not receive. After many heated words the manager finally waved a $5 bill in my face from his own pocket with ill grace and i decided to accept it with equal ill grace.

A simple sorry and a simple refund with apologies is what was called for here NOT accusing us of trying to steal a measly $5 service for free by LYING about the fact that it was out of order, when it clearly WAS.

All in all a very distasteful experience and horrible disrespectful customer service. I was humiliated and angry for the remainder of my stay and it is my sincere hope that someday somehow the marina manager is called to task for the way he treats paying customers.

Such a silly end to what should have been a trivial issue.

AS an aside the other services were in poor repair as well ... half the showers were out of order and the ones that WERE working, happened to be located in the same room as the laundry facilities which made the room extremely hot and uncomfortable for showering, or anything else ... on top of that half way through my laundry the fuse box apparently tripped making me have to spend another hour waiting for my laundry to finish. The manager (who was already probably pretty ticked at me) repaired it without so much as a sorry for the inconvenience, but after the earlier altercation I am surprised he fixed it at all actually ... probably wasn`t aware it was ME that was having the problem when the girl cleaning the bathrooms reported it as an issue after I told her about it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
22 Thank mysticl

Travellers are raving about these Salt Spring Island hotels

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow