“totally mislead by reviews”
Review of Rossland Motel

Rossland Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rossland
Kelowna, Canada
“totally mislead by reviews”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife and I just stayed at the motel and I was definitely intrigued by the rates and reviews, but I wouldn't do it again. This place may be set up for the winter tourists well, but for the summer, it's lacking, even for the price (59+tax). Not a huge thing, but the blinds don't keep out the light, so when sunrise is 8am, it's all good... when it's 5am... not cool.... whole room is lit right up. I am up at 6am writing this... that said my wife is still out cold haha My other major complaint is that the mattress is noisy, bouncy and in a horrific U shape, so I spent most of my night srambling to keep to my side. We also had no water pressure at all in the sink anytime the neighbouring room was using any form of water. It's also old. BUT that is what i expecting for the price... another review mentioned new baseboards.. haha noooot in this one. The first thing i noticed was the smell too, it's not strong at all, but it does smell really old. The shower head was loose in the wall, and the room doesn't automatically come with soap and shampoo packets like every other place I have stayed....... ON THE UPSIDE!!!..... free wireless, tv, it's clean, minimal road noise, and the reception girl... Jennifer I assume, is really nice!
I think if we stay here again we will stay up the road for $79 and get a free brekkie at least!
ps...If you think I am just being a negative nancy.... you could check the rest of my reviews... all positive.

Room Tip: Sleep in the bed by the door in the double room...it's the firmish one.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bc_expl0rer
jgilhula, Manager at Rossland Motel, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
I am sorry you felt mislead by the previous reveiws. I work really hard to ensure that everyone that stays at the Rossland Motel has a pleasant experience. I appreciate your feedback as that is how I know of deficiencies and can work to improve them. I didn't notice a smell in the room when I cleaned it. I would have offered to put you in a different room had I known. I have replaced the bed and purchased an Ozonator to eliminate any future room odors. I have phoned a plumber to come and investigate the water pressure problem as I don't have any problems in any of the other rooms. I have phased out suppling the rooms with shampoo, etc. packets and am introducing wall dispensers in favour of a more enviromentally responsible approach (there has always been a hand soap pump in the room). Unfortunately at the time of your stay I had run out of the packets and my bulk jugs had not yet arrived. I did have a small selection of travel size amenities available in the office upon request.

Thank-you again for your feedback.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hoquiam, WA
Reviewed 8 April 2011

What a great place, whether it's for one night or a week. The owner, Jenn and her son are so nice. Kinda feels like staying with family ... family you like! lol

Cute clean rooms, nice to have a kitchen to make my own meals! Hot tub, room to wax your skis, ... ski hill is practically just around the corner. What more could I want?! :o)

Highly recommend it!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
cochrane, Alberta
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Our family stayed at the Rossland Motel in February for a ski trip to Red Mountain.
There were 2 rooms, living/diningroom kitchen and bathroom. There was also a fouton for sleeping. We used the hot tub and sauna. I found it clean and homey after a tiring day of skiing.
The kitchen was fully furnished with dishes, pots/pans, coffeemaker, toaster. The stove was full-sized as well as the fridge.
Jennifer (manager) was very pleasant and accomodating. There were also DVDs available in the office to borrow.
I wondered about the noise level at the motel as it is right on the highway, but I didn't notice any road noise. There was a lot of snow, so that may have absorbed some noise, but no complaints.
We definitly plan to stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Kelowna
Reviewed 9 September 2010

4 of us stayed at the Rossland Motel for the Rubberhead Festival Seven Summits Poker Ride. We definitely chose the right accomodation for our visit. As mentioned the rooms are simple, but fresh paint, new baseboards, and a clean functional kitchenette make one feel comfortable. It is obvious that care is given to the rooms, and the atmosphere is very relaxing. The hotel is across the street from the Lions Campground where Poker Ride festivities wrapped up after the ride, very convenient. A heartfelt thanks for a great room to relax and the hottub for sore muscles! We are coming back next year, so I hope this review does not hamper our chances for accomodation for Poker Ride 2011. However, Jennifer really does deserve your business.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Travel_Hound_Kelowna
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Had the pleasure of staying 3 weeks at the Rossland Motel in Jan/Feb 2010.

The sole intention of the trip was to shread Red or more specifically Granite Mountain in the Red Mountain Resort. The motel's location is perfect for visiting Red (10mins in a car) and the town of Rossland (5mins in a car).

The room I stayed in was very clean, good facilities including a kitchen with all necessary applicances and well maintened. The room also offered free wireless coverage. The motels' management team - Jen and Andy were super friendly and made it a real enjoyment to stay there.

There is a common wax room for all necessary board/ski maintenance and private lockers to store your prized equipment.

In addition there motel has a most excellent outdoor hot tub which was is a godsend after a hard day out on the mountain.

All in all, the Rossland Motel is excellent value for money. I don't believe anyone can go wrong by staying at the Rossland motel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank SkiSurfBum
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossland
1.5 km away
8.2 km away
Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel
27.3 km away
Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites- Castlegar

Been to Rossland Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK