“Functional Value”

Parkside Resort Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prince Rupert
Parkside Resort Motel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Prince Rupert
Anchorage, Alaska
“Functional Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed here for 2 days before boarding the ferry for Alaska and found the motel to be clean, quiet and very functional - you could pull up to the door of the room to load/unload your vehicle. The staff was very helpful and considerate. I would recommend it for the budget traveler who is looking for accommodations in Prince Rupert. There is a McDonald's adjacent to the property and you are a short drive from the downtown area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Golden, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I have stayed here several times over several years, so it suits me. Very basic but clean and fine for sleeping. I am happy to return. But check that your room (Room 30) does not have a water pump housed right outside its bathroom wall. You'll know if that's the room: lie on the bed to feel the mini-massage and buzz from the vibration! I didn't notice how annoying this was until late in the evening, so I didn't want to bother the (very nice) owners. So, I chalked it up to bad luck and slept on my camp mattress and sleeping bag on the floor by the door, as far away from the pump as possible! I survived, but you may want to check your room for this amenity before you settle into the room!
Other rooms that I have used in the past have been fine, if you are comfortable with the basic level (sixty's, as another reviewer writes!)..

Room Tip: Avoid Room 30: loud annoying buzz from water pump outside bathroom wall
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Prince George, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

As a senior (67), I have always received service with respect and accommodation that is very acceptable to me. I have repeatedly stayed at this motel over the past couple of years. Hannah has always provided excellent service whenever I contact her.

Room Tip: Contact Hannah and tell her that Pat recommended her excellent service
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

Upon arrival at the motel, we immediately knew that we made a mistake. We had booked a reservation for the "Parkside Resort Motel" for 3 nights, but upon arrival we quickly realized that we wouldn't be able to survive 3 nights in this place, so we quickly phoned Totem Lodge to secure a reservation for nights 2 & 3, and then informed Parkside that we would only be staying one night.
- they had put us into Room #52, which looked like a bottom-floor, afterthought addition to the garage behind their office.

Let me list the problems:
-many paint chips on the door, in need of painting.
-Radiator heater that no one knew how to operate, and that was heating on a hot summer's night.
-2 small high windows, with poor venetian blinds, with sticky (like dried orange juice) handles. Light from outside neon sign shining through the blinds all night.
-Fridge that loudly shuddered and groaned every time it turned off & on, right near the bed.
-Closet with shelves that were ready to fall apart.
-TV stand placed above table so that you clunked your head when you stood-up.
-Odd raised bathroom, a foot above the rest of the small room's floor.

The owners of the motel seemed nice, but I think they need to choose a different business to run, as they don't have the skills or inclination to run a decent motel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Flugel-the-Horn

Travellers are raving about these Prince Rupert hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

We clearly seem to have been staying in a different motel to some of the other raters for this accommodation. If this is one of the best in Prince Rupert, I dread to think what the competition is like. Our room was dated, smelled strongly of damp and had a bedroom and bathroom with no windows or ventilation. It is a stay we would like to forget and we got up early and left as soon as possible.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple