Parkside Resort Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Crest Hotel(Prince Rupert)
US$ 139
US$ 135
Hotwire.com
Pacific Inn(Prince Rupert)
Moby Dick Inn(Prince Rupert)
US$ 101
TripAdvisor
Inn on the Harbour(Prince Rupert)
TripAdvisor
Totem Lodge Motel(Prince Rupert)
Aleeda Motel(Prince Rupert)
Anchor Inn(Prince Rupert)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I have stayed here several times over several years, so it suits me. Very basic but clean and fine for sleeping. I am happy to return. But check that your room (Room 30) does not have a water pump housed right outside its bathroom wall. You'll know if that's the room: lie on the bed to feel the mini-massage and buzz from the vibration! I didn't notice how annoying this was until late in the evening, so I didn't want to bother the (very nice) owners. So, I chalked it up to bad luck and slept on my camp mattress and sleeping bag on the floor by the door, as far away from the pump as possible! I survived, but you may want to check your room for this amenity before you settle into the room!
Other rooms that I have used in the past have been fine, if you are comfortable with the basic level (sixty's, as another reviewer writes!)..

Room Tip: Avoid Room 30: loud annoying buzz from water pump outside bathroom wall
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2011

As a senior (67), I have always received service with respect and accommodation that is very acceptable to me. I have repeatedly stayed at this motel over the past couple of years. Hannah has always provided excellent service whenever I contact her.

Room Tip: Contact Hannah and tell her that Pat recommended her excellent service
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Upon arrival at the motel, we immediately knew that we made a mistake. We had booked a reservation for the "Parkside Resort Motel" for 3 nights, but upon arrival we quickly realized that we wouldn't be able to survive 3 nights in this place, so we quickly phoned Totem Lodge to secure a reservation for nights 2 & 3, and then informed Parkside that we would only be staying one night.
- they had put us into Room #52, which looked like a bottom-floor, afterthought addition to the garage behind their office.

Let me list the problems:
-many paint chips on the door, in need of painting.
-Radiator heater that no one knew how to operate, and that was heating on a hot summer's night.
-2 small high windows, with poor venetian blinds, with sticky (like dried orange juice) handles. Light from outside neon sign shining through the blinds all night.
-Fridge that loudly shuddered and groaned every time it turned off & on, right near the bed.
-Closet with shelves that were ready to fall apart.
-TV stand placed above table so that you clunked your head when you stood-up.
-Odd raised bathroom, a foot above the rest of the small room's floor.

The owners of the motel seemed nice, but I think they need to choose a different business to run, as they don't have the skills or inclination to run a decent motel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flugel-the-Horn
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We clearly seem to have been staying in a different motel to some of the other raters for this accommodation. If this is one of the best in Prince Rupert, I dread to think what the competition is like. Our room was dated, smelled strongly of damp and had a bedroom and bathroom with no windows or ventilation. It is a stay we would like to forget and we got up early and left as soon as possible.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CSP19711970
Reviewed 13 July 2010

It's not new or fancy but is clean and comfortable for an affordable price. Front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. Spent two nights while connecting with the ferry. Fishermen in room next to ours have been returning each year for the past 5. For great food go downtown to The Breakers and eat looking over the harbour. Bald eagles are amazing.....

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple