See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2018

I arrived at the hotel to check in to be confronted by a very rude owner who continually tried to charge my card for a reservation I had already paid for. Would not look me in th eye so I called him out on it, only to find out he was trying to put through a deposit, larger than the cost of the room, without even advising me. I let him know it was not okay, and he proceeded to yell at me. I asked for my money back and he asked for my credit card. I gave it to him thinking I was getting a refund because he told me he was not going to give me a room, so I did the necessasry transaction to get my money back and tore up the registration as he di not need my info if I was not staying there, and instead of refunding my reservation, he charged for a damage deposit. At that point I asked for a room, he told me to get out, went into his back office and shut the door. VERY AWFUL EXPERIENCE - HIS PLACE SHOULD BE TORN DOWN - HE NEEDS TO FIND A LINE OF WORK WHERE HE DOES NOT DEAL WITH PEOPLE. If there was an option for a negative rating, I would have chosen it.

Room Tip: don't choose this hotel - stay clear
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 186peaches
Reviewed 13 October 2017

After booking the rooms asking for connecting rooms or at least side by side also that the one was to be for a handicap when we got the rooms on arrival we found that was at one end and the other was at the other end of complex there was no phone in any rooms when asked about this the person at the desk gave this response""a couple of times some people in other rooms call in we hours of the so they removed them" we were caught in the spot when went to rooms they were not very messy -- covering on windows were broken bathroom not clean overall not good--we were there on sept 15-to 17 Think again before you accept. Horrible. And uncomfortable-this motel is less budget

Room Tip: This motel is over priced the local motel association should look this place over
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chett C
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The manager is very friendly. The room was serviced daily but definitely out of date and not as clean as one would like. The bedding doesn't get changed during your stay (we stayed 5 nights). It was a good alternative to a more expensive hotel. The location is great with the beach so close by! The air conditioner is good, the light outside the rooms is too bright at night but we covered the windows with tinfoil to make it darker which worked. It's nothing to write home about but it was okay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Dated single level accommodation. No one was at the desk on arrival but a note was left to call contact. Person who answered said to look under doormat for key. On entering the interior basically matched the exterior but it was surprisingly clean, even more than some higher class properties. Good detail to paint and air freshener. The bathroom had scratches and dents from wear and tear but otherwise very clean and shower had brand new curtain. Dingy bathmat was tucked behind toilet. Aromatic gel beads atop the toilet lid. Mini fridge & MW w/shelf style table for 2. Full dresser and end table w/TV in neat room. Beds are mushy soft which made for an uncomfortable sleep but manageable for a short stay.

Picnic tables and kids play area outside. Short walk to most amenities. Very little desk reception but the gentleman who was there at times said he's also running another motel. He was kind and offered us a lower rate on our next stay and gave us a card.
Super close to Shaka Lake which is a must on your places to go.

Cons - Bathroom has no ventilation save for a window above the bath that gives the building next door a bird's eye view of the occupant. Make sure you close it before you shower!

Wi-fi stopped working after about 5 minutes and wasn't able to re-connect again.

The A/C unit is kind of noisy and there's a remarkable gap in the window which made the thought of leaving anything in the room unthinkable. It should be filled in at least with foam or something. That said it provided basic necessities, shelter and A/C on a sweltering day and for one night.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

I am thinking of renting because of the prices. but it may be too far away. The rooms were clean. Sometimes had to ask for coffee or towels. usually all went ok as far as check in. Fair prices. Clean, friendly , affordable.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends