All reviews free popcorn movie night picnic tables minute walk ponderosa pines skaha lake disney movie great place for families green space great family beautiful park home away from home rooms are clean the air conditioning slushies grass kitchenette
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We have stayed here twice with our two boys and were very happy with it overall. Price is comparable to similar motels is Penticton. Big difference for us is that it is so well maintained! Owned and operated by a couple who care about their guests and it shows. When we first checked it, I noticed a big sticky spot on the floor in front of the fridge, as if a drink had been spilled. No big deal, sometimes things get missed. I mentioned it to the front desk and it was promptly cleaned up with big apologies! Cleaning staff did a great job:) The owner sets up a movie night for the kids every night complete with popcorn and slushies. Such a great break for exhausted parents! Gorgeous, well lit yard. Every morning we walked across the beautiful park to set up our beach spot. Easy, 5 minute walk to park, beach and awesome playgrounds. If you're looking for luxurious accommodations, this probably isn't the place for you. Furnishings are a bit outdated (but look new because they've been so well taken care of!) that kind of thing doesn't concern us. If you are looking for a family friendly place to stay, this is it!

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor room if you want to sleep in, loud little feet running around:) Some rooms have showers with no bath tub.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Melms4
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

My significant other and I came to visit during the weekend and found it extremely close to the beach! We had everything we needed in the kitchenette suite. The only thing we were surprised about was that they don't provide shampoo or conditioner although they provide plenty of soap. I would still choose this motel for convenience if I decide to visit Penticton again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Celeste G
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This place will overcharge you go anywhere else room is adequate but overpriced go next door to Sunny beach motel or Waterfront Inn Travelers Motel Anywhere But Here the owner tells me that she has room for one night and she charged me $170! I asked her if I can stay two nights she says no! I asked later on the next day she tells me oh you can have room for $120 with pack bracket as I fake myself as a straight couple bracket this Motel has something against gays! And singles do not stay here if you do not want to get ripped off or if you are single person traveling!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Vince K
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I have gone to the Beachside Motel for going on 37 years in a row. It is a place I look so forward to going to, and a place I hate to leave every year. John and Trudy, the owners , have always been so welcoming and kind. The rooms are clean, thank you to wonderful Amanda! There is a beautiful green space in the middle of the motel where everyone can gather doing the day and the evening, and barbeques to use. John and Trudy are always working so hard to keep this place look amazing. My highest recommendations go to this wonderful "home" in the middle of the most beautiful part of Canada.

Room Tip: have stayed on both sides, and both floors, love it all
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Barb N
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I tried booking a room at the Beachside Motel using the online form on their website, including entering my credit card details. After a couple of day with no response I phoned and left a message. Still no response. Over the next few days I left two more messages and sent two emails. Nothing. Very inconvenient to have to do this to know if we have a reservation or not. We travel to Penticton several times a year and will not be trying to book the Beachside Motel again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple