“Great location and Value”
Review of Inn at the Quay

Inn at the Quay
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Westminster
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Great location and Value”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Good accomodations. Underground parking. Above all, very good food quality from room service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff U
InnattheQuayGM, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Hi Jeff,

thank you for your great comments including room service! This past month I have received numerous compliments of the quality of food and service thru in room dining so I will be sure to share with our bellstaff who provide this service. We look forward to your return visit!

Kathy MacKerricher
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2012

It was my wife's birthday and I decided to surprise her with a weekend 'away'. I call ed the hotel and mentioned that it was her birthday. When we arrived the lady at the desk greeted my wife with a "Happy Birthday" and on arrival in the room there was a 'welcome' from the hotel manager, Kathy- very nice touch!!
The room was great, the bathrobes were fluffy and the attention to detail in the room made our overnight stay a true event!
BRAVO! to all the employees and Kathy, you are the best!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
InnattheQuayGM, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Roy,

thank you for your great feed back which I will share with our awesome team. We look forward to welcoming you both back, so what are you doing for your birthday?
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed during late January and early february 2012 while attending classes at the JIBC. The entire stay was great.

The room was excellent. the only complaint I had about it was twice I was awakened by the proximity to the train tracks, but that was not the fault of the Inn and may well be due to the fact I am a light sleeper.

I even had room service from the the restaurant, and although the prices were a bit high for my tastes, I found it well worth it once the food arrived. The meals were very tasty, the portions were generous to say the least, and the service was prompt. Excellent food I would not hesitate to order from them again.

The staff was helpful, and were more than willing to assist and such whenever I needed help, explainations, or the like. The service from desk staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Room on the river side will be better for you if you are a light sleeper. There are train tracks nea...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Brent L
InnattheQuayGM, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear Brent L,

thank you for your extended stay and kind comments. We have many guests stay with us while training at the Justice Institute and appreciate your feed back and business. We hope to see you again soon - either for business or pleasure!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My husband & I stayed here this past weekend.
The room was smaller than we thought, but were clean and the bed was very comfortable. i did not buy into the "luxe" or high end advertisement of this place. It felt very Holiday Inn with some boutique hotel touches.
The staff was friendly, room service was expensive and we were charged $16 for parking. We were never informed parking cost money but were handed that bill upon check out. Trains can be heard as well as noise from the Pub next door.
The staff, view and area would bring us back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sprice18
InnattheQuayGM, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Dear sprice18,

thank you for your comments and I do hope you have the opportunity to come back and visit us again soon. Please note that the parking charge is $8 per day and if you were charged differently please feel free to contact me. Best wishes for 2012!

Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I stayed here on business for two weeks in sept. 2011.
I loved the look and the feel of the place. The staff were very friendly and always there to help when needed.
The rooms were smaller but every room has a nice view either looking over the water or the boardwalk. the bathrooms come with a hairdryer and were very nice and were very nice and well kept. and some fridges are stocked some were not.
Most of the rooms have a balcony including two chairs and a table.
they also have free highspeed internet and a large desk for work.
The beds were tolerable and pillows i found amazing.
There is also a hottub and gym.
Over all I think this hotel was great and close to many places to eat in a short walking distance. It was a great modern looking and clean feeling hotel and would be reccommened.

Room Tip: ask for a nice view and a room with a balcony
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear sheena11,

thank you for taking the time to post your response and happy to hear that you enjoyed the Inn at the Quay. For longer stays such as yours a balcony is a must and I'm sure you discovered the fabulous bathrobe hung in the closet. Guests tell me they are the best they've ever experienced. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Westminster
3.2 km away
Queens Hotel
Queens Hotel
#3 of 3 in New Westminster

Been to Inn at the Quay? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK