See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Yes the view is alluring..the "management" are a mystery as they are always at their "high-end property"..never did get the opportunity to meet them. Moved into the Waterfront on March 17th, after getting critically and chronically ill from toxic moulds/concealed decay from my rental cabin on Gabriola Island. I was explicit in explaining to the front desk prior to coming there my hypersensitivity to mould and other mycotoxins. I was assured it was clean and safe for me..WRONG!!!! In the two weeks I stayed..(pre-paid for my second week in advance: $573 + $28 for parking) and had NO refund option, apparently, I moved within the Waterfront THREE times!!!! Room 222 - zero stars; Room 212 - zero stars; Room 410 - zero stars. All 3 rooms had the following similarities: rotted out wood/particle board under sink and cupboard beside stove where hot water tank is located, the mould was rampant. The shoddy piping is from the previous century I believe and has corroded and contaminated the water. There are micro organisms swimming in the tap water (both cold and hot) and they are not from the city water supply. I contacted the appropriate authorities regarding both the poor air quality and the water concerns. The faucets are out of a horror movie!!!!!There is buildup of all sorts of funky stuff...the bathroom ceiling fans are layered with dank mould and who knows what. The cooking/kitchewares are dusty/not cleaned. The ceiling fan is layered with dust/gunk. Housekeeping is a mere once a week and definitely needs training. Management did not reply to my messages to discuss my concerns (all 3 rooms had the same concealed and complacent problems) and wanting my second week of stay monies returned. I have sent an email to the Snuneymuxw Band Office to enlighten them of my horrible experience all round at the Waterfront. Hopeful they will intervene so the misrepresentation of their property will cease.

Room Tip: HIGHLY recommend NOT staying here.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Pepchew
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Yes this building is older and needs some TLC, which is what the current owners are working on. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the view from our balcony was beautiful. We loved the old cement walls so we didn't have to worry about noise from others. And the price was nice!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2016

The phones don't work (front desk says to use your cell); there's no air conditioning except to open a sliding door with no screen. The bathroom sink and tub were chipped and rusty; there were 2 teeny towels with which to dry your bod; the hallway looks like death row! Can it get worse? Yup. The price was NOT in line with the horrid conditions! We paid premium price for this awful room, and the front desk clerk simply said "The owners have a high-end property that they spend their time at ... you can't contact them". Oh yeah ... and they charged us $4.00 per day to park in their empty parking lot.

Room Tip: Book in another hotel/motel
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Room was basically OK but there was some kind of spill on the floor |(looked like animal barf) No dish towles or dish clothes The coffee machine had crystalized coffee all around the burner. No phone in the room so you can't call the front desk.
The guy at the front desk said they are renovating but still has all the old stained carpets in the hallways thankfully they have replaced the carpets in the room with laminate flooring.Kind of a half renovation still has old tiles and old fan from 70's in kitchen.
When I asked for a discount when checking out all they could do was 10.00 for a pricey room
Wish I had seen the other reviews before we stayed there. we had gone to the Coast Bastion and they were full so the desk person there recommended them and called over to see if they had a room available We took it upon their recomendation that it was a good hotel NOT
Wifi was terrible

Room Tip: Dont stay there
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Coleen D
Reviewed 21 August 2015

There is a reason this hotel has no reviews from 2013 til now - no one stays here. In some ways this seems like a normal, run-down, older motel that would be cheap, but once you get into it, you realize it is not what it seems. We ended up here when I mistakenly booked another place for the wrong night, and when we got there at 9 pm, it was full. A Saturday night during the summer holidays is not when you want to find an open place, so thankfully the other hotel called and told us this place had a vacancy and the price was not awful. First warning sign: Their road sign does not light up. Second warning sign: the dismal lobby. But beggars can't be choosers, so we took the room. The hallway was... strange looking, but ok. The room was fine, new flooring, with a kitchenette, including full fridge and admittedly 1970's old electric stove. The bathroom was anther matter: stains on the floor and tub. But the worst was the sink. My wife used it and the water was draining really slow. Then during the night we heard burbling, and air was bubbling out of the sink! I wanted to call the front desk, but the only phone in the room didn't have a dial tone! I went to the front desk, but it was closed with a security gate, and if you went outside you would get locked out (the sign said use your room key, but they did not have a electronic key reader outside)! The next morning the sink was full of grey water. My wife went down and asked for a plunger or Drano, and the clerk said "I don't think that will help in this case", so clearly they know the place has plumbing problems. She ended up getting a key to another room to use the shower, and sure enough, the drain was slow on that one too, so she ended up standing in water. This room was like the first, but only has a mini-fridge. On the plus side, the walls are concrete block, so no noise from the non-neighbors, and the view of the marina is nice. With some decent fixing up, this place could be nice. So I begin to wonder, how does this place stay in business when no one is here. It turns out the first floor is rented out to a business that offers English classes with a "campus" for foreign students.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family