See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Many deficiencies on the room;
1) tear in bottom sheet of one bed
2) bed bugs in one bed
3) cold water tap of tub broken so took 15 mins to turn it off at 4:30 in the morning
4) bathroom sink was plugged so the water backed up when using this sink
Had to check out early to catch the ferry so wrote a note to the management requesting refund for this room due to the above conditions. This was a week ago and still no response ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING ROOM.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank mcauley9
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

So I almost got a divorce over this booking! Small window unit ac that couldn't quite cool the room. Hairs in the clean towels. Stains on the mattresses (yes my wife checks under the sheets). And a cloth chair that looks like someone mistook for the toilet. Pretty sketchy! If cleanliness is your thing, choose another. Bad news is all hotels we saw on Nanaimo looked about this bad, at least outwardly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Monte H
Reviewed 15 May 2017

This motel looks tired from the outside but don't be fooled, the rooms are modern and above all clean and well appointed. We only wanted a one night stopover to get an early morning ferry and this motel fits the bill exactly. The welcome we received demonstrated their claim to be the friendliest motel in town. It is also quite cost effective to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2017

The room we had needed alot of maintenance. Chipped paint, unfinished door jambs, etc. Bathroom tub was very dusty. Water went from hot to cold to hot again without many other guests using their own bathrooms at the same time. (You can usually hear another room's shower) We only stayed 2 nights and there was no housekeeping service in between. The housekeeper we saw running around looked annoyed and/or frustrated. The lady who checked us in was rather gruff but friendly enough. One of the front office windows had plywood to replace it. Hopefully it's back to being a window now. I booked this hotel because it looked nice enough on Booking.com but I guess those pics might be old?? There were many work trucks in the parkinglot taking up alot of room so finding a parking space was a challenge. The location is good though, right in downtown Nanaimo. I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiddleWanderer
Reviewed 12 January 2017

This place looks like it has been there for generations and would be quite dated. However, the rooms look like there has been an honest attempt to upgrade them. Carpeting had been removed and the floors were finished with a nice clean laminate. Bedding was ultra-crisp and clean and the beds appeared to be new. Bathrooms are modern fixtures and very clean. WiFi was sufficient for my needs.
The downside was that I found it to be quite noisy. Other guests were tromping up and down on the walkway outside the door, dragging things against the wall etc. It woke me up several times.
The location is very convenient; right on the main road to the ferry and the old Island Highway.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo