“Mediocre”

Driftwood Bistro
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Casual dining. Seafood, Burgers, Wraps, Steak and Plenty more. Come join us for a bite to eat.
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Ate here recently. Fish tacos eh served in a hard nacho shell usually reserved for nacho condiments at other places; made them hard to eat. Fish and chips served in a plastic bowl lined with paper.....really? Wine very expensive for what you get. Service was good but menu and food presentation lacked inspiration. Probably wont last but worth one visit. Three tables on a Friday night should have been a dead giveaway.

3  Thank Travellots30

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Just tried this new restaurant in Nanaimo and we were pleasantly surprised! The food was fantastic. I enjoyed the local shrimp risotto while my one friend said her fish and chips were the best she had ever had. Her husband loved his fish tacos as well as some fresh oysters. Later I found out that the restaurant participates in www.thisfish.info which is a website that you can see where your actual fish came from. Driftwood apparently buys from one local Nanaimo fisherman.

The decor was quite nice and they have a very nice patio which will be nice to enjoy next summer.

Our server was excellent although I would have preferred if she hadn't been wearing jeans as her attire took away from the image it appeared they are trying to give.

Unfortunately there weren't many customers at all. Hopefully people will spread the word about this great new restaurant and start going. We all agreed we will definitely go back for dinner! The lunch menu was very limited so we won't be going for that.

Overall, I highly recommend you check it out!

Reviewed 12 September 2012

My husband and I had dinner here recently and really enjoyed it. He had red thai seafood curry and absolutely loved it. I had the goat cheese salad with grilled chicken on top which was very flavourful. We will eat here again.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

The food choice is varied. Everyone at our table raved about their choice.
I had the red curry Thai seafood. It was excellent. The service was very good.
There was an excellent band playing. We had a great night.

1  Thank gordonNanaimo
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I have dined several times and have never had a bad meal. The dishes are creative and you get a nice selection of foods from Italian to Asian to pub fare. Many times specials are included that not on the menu. Invariably they are delicious and add to the already large selection of dishes from which to choose.

....the food is superb and this is my place for fish
Peter - Nanoose, July 1012