All reviewsmotel offersfamily restaurant next doorminute walk to downtownfront desk staffone night stayroom was clean and comfortablebedsmicrowavewifiharbourkeyvictoria
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I stayed at this budget motel for one night, and the main floor suite was large with 2 bedrooms, a living room area, and a kitchen. The location is close to a 7-11, and a restaurant. The front desk staff are friendly, and the one night's stay was nice and quiet. There is a nearby restaurant where you receive 10% off of inexpensive, nice meals if you stay at this motel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Victoria G
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We had no big complaints, had second floor room facing the harbour (mile or so away). It is your typical family run type motel. Our room was clean and comfortable but things like the AC unit (very loud) always could use improvements in places like this. Close to a 7-11 and McDonalds across the road, MGM restaurant next door,lots of parking spaces.
Rooms were quiet when we stayed mid week.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank trevg446
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights. The guy at the front desk was nice. The room, not so much.

We were put on the bottom floor at the back of the building, in an area that I wouldn't walk alone at night (we were told it was quieter back there...). Other than a tv and a mini fridge, this room didn't feel comfortable. It was a dark room at the back of the building.

One of the nights at 2 am I heard a couple arguing. At 5 am I heard the people above stomping.

FYI: There is no one on the front desk from 2 to 7 am. I found this shocking.

Room Tip: Don't get put in the back, especially on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank VancouverValleyGrl
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I'm really not an overly picky person. That being said, Harbour Light left cleanliness to be desired. The bathroom wasn't dirty. Nor were the sheets. It was the floor.

As I walked into the bathroom for the first time that night, someone's discarded toenail greeted me at the entrance, lying on the floor.There was black dirt on the floor in front of my bed, and let's just say, I put my socks on whenever I got up to walk around!

Beds were comfy enough and we requested a room in the back of the motel, since there was a really busy street out front. The man who checked us in was really nice. We arrived rather late... around 9:45pm. Apparently, he was getting off at 10pm and when we walked in, he was writing us a note and was going to leave us a key or something. Strange that a motel this size doesn't have 24/7 front-desk service.

Don't think we'll be back.

Room Tip: Be sure the floor is CLEAN, request a room in the back, and arrival before 9pm!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hyker1
Reviewed 23 July 2017

the hotel is a bit tired, but friendly staff, 3minutes from downtown. easy place to stay a couple of days when visiting the area..we stayed in the suite, nice and spacious!!!and the road really is no problem for noise.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family