My business always rely on travelling and when it comes to "Travelling" you would want to stay at the decent accommodation since you are away from home, right? however, this place can be described as just "Horrible". They are advertising now everywhere that they are under the new management and doing all kinds of renovation which I've spoken to the staff there over the phone before I came there to check in then I did check in.
I found the half dozen of cockroach all at the same time when I turned the light on after I came back from the dinner then later after I came out of the shower there was a Roden standing there looking at me... do you guys want to hear more about this place? well, I will just carry on. So I went back out to the front desk to find out whether I can check out with the money I paid return back to me. Well, as I expected this business and the staff would never do the refund(I had the similar experiences before but in other area) and they were trying to teach me that no one can get the deal like they offer...OMG!!!
Anyway, I came back to the room and make sure that there isn't any cockroach and a little mouse friend then I laid on the bed turned the T.V on(No Remote...later, I went out to ask for one which I received one with the bunch of sticky duck tape around)...
A little later, a bunch of people who are drug users yelling in and out...prostitutes are coming and go...drunken people are walking around...later, I found out that the day I checked in was "Welfare Day"... tell me about it...
I was on the bed not more than an hour or so. I was bitten by the bed bugs all over my back and the shoulder even down to the legs(exactly 19 major bites) then I flipped the mattress...another OMFG... I couldn't and for sure you couldn't either believe what were there under the mattress...more than hundreds bed bugs you and I can clearly see.
I had to check out and went to another motel away from that area...what a horrible experience I had that evening...I had to write the letter to Vancouver Island Health Authority for the inspection on this motel.
So my advice is..."Please don't go there..."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Value Lodge Motel is under new management since December of 2009. We renovated all the rooms with new Sealy mattresses and furniture. We also have fully equipped kitchenettes for convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Value Lodge Economy Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Value Lodge Economy Hotel Nanaimo
- Value Hotel Economy
- Value Lodge Economy Motel Nanaimo, Vancouver Island