All reviewslaminate floorsnice roomferrydeskratesbedding
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We stayed on the lower level (numbered in the 200s) on request as there is no elevator or trolley. We travel with a great deal of bags, coolers, etc. This is an older motel with a few updates. There was no AC in our room, only a fan. There was a small fridge and a microwave. The television was smaller (29" at best) than what we're accustomed to and we had to place it on top of one of our larger travelling boxes as it sat so low on the dresser. The toiletries are minimal. They didn't change the sheets, but did make the bed during our three nights. We were only in the room to sleep; otherwise, we would have chosen another accommodation. There were dogs in a couple of the rooms down the way and their barks were loud awakening us early. That, however, is more an issue regarding the guests. The restaurant (Wara) on location was very good (pricey).

Room Tip: If you have a great deal of luggage, perhaps you could request a room that is very close to the parking, as ours was not.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny M
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable units. Hosts were so friendly and helpful. Location great straight across the road was a convenience store with everything you need. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Nice new renovation, Friendly staff, good location close to downtown.
onsite restaurant was great. Suites with separate bed rooms.
Garden and fountain area looks really nice. Daily housekeeping service.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

What a great place... the rooms were clean (which is very important) and you can tell they've done some renos which made the stay a little nicer (at least it did for us). We liked how close it was to everything and from the ferry and the affordability. This was probably the nicest motel I've stayed in. Thank you!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mremp
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I really hesitated writing this as the first receptionist was sooo nice! It went down hill from there. The sheets did not fit our bed! I woke up several times during the night worried that my face would be in direct contact with the mattress. Though this never happened, it did gross me out when my legs were on the mattress not the sheets! The place appeared fairly clean, well except for the razor cover that stayed in the bathroom the 3 days that we stayed there. How the health department did not see or have a problem with sheets being to small for a bed is beyond me!!!!The management does seem to be trying to upgrade the facility. Somethings were tired, some had been upgraded. All in good time I guess.
The most disturbing part of this stay was when housekeeping knocked on the door, I was right beside the door and said we are still in here. One of the housekeeping women opened the door and said "Are you going to be out by 11:00?" There I was, just out of the shower, mid-dress :-0!!!! And my shepherd dog started to run out the door. I would have loved to have let her run out, but we had met a little boy the night before who was scared of dogs.....hence I grabbed my innocent dog by the tail. Seriously, my door was open, I am in just a t-shirt and my dog was high tailing it (excuse the pun) out the door. All the house keeping people apologized to me which would be great except the girl who opened the door, laughed as she apologized. As I told her, management and the rest of the staff this was extremely inappropriate! I am a big believer that you get what you pay for, but even for a cheap motel this is wrong!

Stayed: July 2017