All reviews church street older hotel harbour view downtown nanaimo parking lot is queen bed great view front desk staff central location one night stay vancouver island worcester ferry victoria bc shampoo walkway
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I rented a suite expecting something really special based on the price but it was really just two average rooms and your paying for the view I guess.
Both rooms had old tvs with fuzzy picture and no HD channels.
the furniture Was old and the sofa bed was really uncomfortable trying to watch tv.
Bed was comfortable at least .

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
NanaimoResponse, General Manager at Best Western Dorchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear stephenkF8595UQ,

Thank you for staying with us and appreciate your feedback. I apologize for not meeting your expectation during your recent stay with us. With regards to TV signal, we're checking with Shaw Cable for improvement, and also we're looking into upgrading to HD TV as well. Hopefully, we can accommodate you again in near future with improved amenities.

If I can be any further assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Nice recent renovation on this older hotel located in downtown Nanaimo within walking distance of small boutiques, cafes, restaurants, and pubs. Friendly staff informed us on amenities and nearby things to do. Decent size renovated room with hardwood (or laminate?) floor. Very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
NanaimoResponse, General Manager at Best Western Dorchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear martinlM764RZ,

Thank you for staying with us and on behalf of our entire team, I'd like to appreciate taking your time sharing your experience with us. I'm glad that you've enjoyed our location and surrounding area, and the new flooring and our new bed in the guestroom. We'll keep striving to enhance our service in the future, and hope to accommodate you again in near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

The Dorchester is located across the street from the harbour area. Great spot to grab a coffee and head down to watch the float planes land and take off. With plenty of restaurants and coffee shops you do not have to dine in the hotel which is probably a good thing as that is the only thing about the hotel that was not 5 star.

The breakfast serving was understaffed and not prepared for the large group that we were with. The server expressed her frustration with the amount of people and to be fair to her there was not any management assistance evident.

Due to this most of the group went elsewhere the next day. A loss to the hotel.

The rooms were small but clean and well appointed. We did not have a harbour view, the parking lot is not that appealing.

The check in was efficient and personable and the decor was modern but cozy. I would recommend this hotel and will stay there next time I visit Nanaimo.

Room Tip: Always worth asking for a harbour view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
NanaimoResponse, General Manager at Best Western Dorchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear bserkca,

Thank you for taking your time sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your detailed feedback. Most of all, I'd like to apologize for inattentive service in the restaurant. I'll look into the matter and will try our best to accommodate our guest's needs attentively and properly in the future. I'm glad to hear that you've liked the décor, cleanliness of your room and the location. I hope you could try out our harbour view rooms on your next visit. Again, thank you for staying with us and we'll use your feedback to enhance our service in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

My overall stay was good at this establishment. The room was good and very satisfactory. The only complaint I have was the food was cold and not enough at conference and the parking was not sufficient as parking was limited. I would stay here again and would recommend to others. Staff was very good and informative at all times. The housekeeping was awesome.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Bonitaw197,

On behalf of our team, I'd like to appreciate your compliment of our staff. Also, thank you for sharing your experience during your stay. By letting us know what you liked and disliked, you're helping us to improve for future guests including you. We'll definitely look into improvement of quality of the food served in our restaurant. Thank you again for staying with us and will look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Nicely updated hotel with great location near ferries, highway and seaplane terminal. Located in restored downtown area, quiet and good restaurants within walking distance. Clean active harbour across street.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear W1611AEgordonb,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you've liked our location and enjoyed your stay. We will look forward to your next stay with us in near future.