All reviews woodgrove mall waffles continental breakfast hot items front desk staff north side restaurants and shopping north nanaimo island highway liquor store exercise room excellent stay road noise will stay there again convenient location quiet room great place to stay
Reviewed 1 December 2017

GPS was definitely a help in finding this gem. We stayed 2 nights and used points. Two days before arrival we were contacted by phone asking if we would like a complimentary upgrade. I prefer separate beds so the upgrade to a room having a king sized bed was respectfully declined. Recently renovated, this is a very attractive hotel, inside and out. Slept like a baby, something I rarely experience in new surroundings. Girls at front desk were most helpful in giving us directions and recommendations, particularly Sabrina. Great value, spotlessly clean and hard-to-beat service. Checking in and out was simple, having pre-registered online. Close to stores and a nice Thai restaurant. Both my wife are in agreement that this is the BEST Best Western we have stayed in. Bar none. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Second floor is the same level as the breakfast room. We stayed in 229.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2017

The staff was wonderful! We were greeted every time we passed through the lobby. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was very good and I am a very picky person. My only complaint was the noise from the highway next to the hotel. I was assured by the front desk staff that the noise would be reduced significantly by dark and it was!! We had no problem watching some TV or sleeping. The breakfast room was great with lots of wonderful choices. You will not leave hungry!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2017

What can I say. I am a bit of a perfectionist. Ok, honestly, sometimes a pain because I expect more than most people. This establishment is great! Very good value for your buck! Business or pleasure, I definitely recommend you stay here if you are in the Nanaimo area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I'd discovered this location when looking for hotels in Nanaimo near enough for us to have a head start on the next leg of our journey. This one didn't disappoint and we were very pleased with everything. Service was very good and the staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming. It's worth knowing about this hotel, when travelling on the Island and for future journeys, will definitely be on our radar.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Needed a place to stay near a work event in Nanaimo and this Best Western was clean, had very friendly staff at the front desk and a nice breakfast lounge area on the 2nd floor. it is nice when the staff genuinely appear to want to assist and make your stay a good one.

Room Tip: Only 3 floors-breakfast area on 2. At check-in was asked, wanted to be close to breakfast, a quiet end or near lobby.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business