Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM

via mobile
8 Hour Cruise

Reviewed 13 August 2018
Heather O

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I have had the great fortune of going out with Craig on several occasions for fishing as well as sightseeing. Craig is a very professional, skilled, and experienced boatsman. He is conscientious in providing the safest, most informative, and most enjoyable experience for all. His boat is very clean and comfortable and his equipment is meticulously maintained. Craig is very knowledgeable about the area; its history, the waters, the marine life, wildlife, vegetation, and points of interest. He is familiar with the best spots for fishing, crabbing, and prawning and he is a patient and informative teacher. Craig is eager to share his passion for the beauty of the gulf islands as well as to provide an opportunity to enjoy their bounty. Special requests are met, when possible, and my children and I were delighted when Craig gave us the opportunity to swim amongst the seals! We have thoroughly enjoyed our excursions with Central Island Charters and we look forward to many more!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We had an amazing time! Loved the boat, it was comfortable and Craig was interesting with his knowledge of local history. He was very accommodating and did everything to make the best of the day. Weather was a little challenging but Craig made sure we got the most out of our time. Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a safe, enjoyable boat trip or fishing trip. Even got to take fresh crab home for a wonderful dinner.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Wow, Fantastic! What a day on the ocean. Craig has a beautiful, very clean well maintained boat. It was comfortable and had a bathroom. The day started by dropping crab traps and then off to our fishing area. He laid out the equipment and showed us how to use it. Don't worry about using the gear, if your not sure he patiently goes over it with you. In no time we were comfortably landing some beautiful salmon. I highly recommend a day out with Craig, I love getting on the water but when it's with a knowledgeable skipper a top notch boat and the beautiful scenery you can't go wrong. Let's not forget the awesome fish. Oh, by the way, the crab traps were full.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We spend two days salmon fishing with Craig. He was very knownledgable about the fishing and the area. While my husband is experienced, ama novice and he helped me build both skill and confidence. We enjoyed our weekend thoroughly and can't wait to come back. We highly recommend Central Island Adventures.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

We did a four-hour inter-island cruise and it was so much fun. Craig knows the history of the area and does a great job of explaining what you're seeing and where we were visiting. Highly recommended for adults.

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

We were staying near Parksville and wanted to take a sightseeing boat ride, not a fishing trip this time. The only one I could find nearby was this one with Central Island Adventure Tours. The web site indicated that they did them only at 10 AM and it was already 9:15. On a whim we called Craig and asked if he might be doing another one in the afternoon. We were so pleased when he told us that he could schedule a sightseeing trip at any time of the day as long as he was available. Because the weather forecast warned of clouds and rain on the only other days we could go, we arrange to meet him that afternoon at 5 PM. We met him as planned at Brechin Boat Landing (be sure and pay to park and allow for extra time). Craig is a very interesting, well travelled man who gives a wonderful tour. He answered our questions well and gave very interesting explanations about the islands, the rock formations, the wildlife (sea lions and bald eagles) and history of the area. He is very friendly and easy to talk too. As it turned out the afternoon became cloudy, but, no worries, he has a windshield that protects you from the wind and he also can enclose the passenger area in case it rains. Fortunately, we dressed in layers for a cold because we ended up peeling off some of our layers. We appreciated that he was very conscientious about safety. You must go out with Craig either to sightsee or go fishing...that would be great fun too!

2  Thank Carolma2013
Reviewed 17 August 2015

My 16yr old son and I spent the day fishing with Craig and had a great time! We caught some fish and some crabs and Craig was awesome. He showed my son the difference between the fish and what we were allowed to catch/keep and also showed him how to clean the fish when we got back to the dock. We also lucked out and saw a pod of transient whales passing thru. Would highly recommend Central Island Adventure Tours!

Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

I took my son fishing with captain Craig on the weekend and we had an awesome experience. Craig was professional, courteous, and most important he put us on the fish. I would strongly recommend this charter for anyone seeking a salmon fishing charter in the Nanaimo area.

Reviewed 6 July 2015

We had an excellent tour with Craig, we selected a more sight seeing trip as opposed to straight up fishing, and it was so much fun, we dropped crab traps, collected oysters, had lunch at Salt Spring, and watched a pod of Orcas roll right under the boat, memories to last a lifetime for sure. Craig was timely, pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable, we really enjoyed our day with him, and would recommend him to others! thanks so much!

1  Thank dracooper
Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

We had an awesome experience with Criag! He was very friendly and easy going. We got one 16 pound salmon and hauled up some crab pots which he put out earlier and had a great feed of crab as well. Over all great experience and would recommend Craig to anyone!