All reviews great golf quail ridge front desk wine tour stayed for nights liquor store golfing unit patio dishwasher accommodations kitchenette downtown
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We have stayed at Borgata Lodge on more than one occasion and recently this month. What keeps us coming back? 1) The excellent and friendly service we receive at the front desk. Chris has gone beyond the call of duty for us. 2) Location of the lodge. 3) Two great golf courses. 4) Accommodations are priced competitively.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We loved this location and lodge, we had not planned on cooking but our studio suite had a kitchen and private balcony with a pleasant golf course view. Suite was clean and kitchen had everything we needed. Front desk staff mentioned there was a supermarket close by so we went to Nesters, bought some Rib Eye's, bbq'd them up and enjoyed on the patio with a fancy Quails Gate red, whist watching the golfers start their game. Bliss ! We did not golf but did go to the golf clubhouse for a meal, convenient to have this so close to the lodge. We were going to stay 3 nights and had so much fun we asked to stay an extra night, they gave us the 4th night for 99 buks as a last minute deal, thanks for that ! Will go again for sure, next time might bring our golf clubs as the courses looked nice. Happy to refer to others. Ask for a suite on the 2nd floor they have nice views of the golf course.

Room tip: Ask for 2nd floor rooms, they have a private balcony
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Tracey A
golfresort, Manager at Borgata Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hi Tracey,
Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. We are delighted that you were happy with the suite. Glad you commented about the new Nester's Supermarket so close by, anyone that has made a comment has said nice things. We appreciate your business and welcome you back ! Safe and happy travels.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We stayed for 4 nights and really enjoyed our time there. We stayed about 3 years ago, since then quite a few updates to the place, our condo had new carpets & new kitchen. We met another couple on the wine tour we took that was staying there too, we had a wine with them after in their unit, theres was about the same as ours, they were pleased. There are lots of new services that are nice to have in the area, more restaurants, a supermarket, liquor store. We loved the Bear course and the patio at the golf club. Will go hear again, the location is ideal for us. It was clean and comfy, staff were helpful as usual. Cheers Joe

Date of stay: July 2017
golfresort, Manager at Borgata Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Hi there,

Many thanks Joseph for returning a 2nd time and also taking the time to give us a review. Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the golf and wine tour. We really appreciate your business ! Safe and happyt travels !

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Do not stay here, the place is very old and run down, the towels were thread bare, I had booked for five nights but we left after one, and yes I had pre paid so I paid the whole cost except for one night they claimed they rented it out, all, this on a weekend were every hotel was sold out due to a huge concert in kelowna, my wife was so disgusted with a dank, dirty smelly room I felt horrible I booked there as we were there for my daughters wedding and I couldn't allow her to even put a new dress on in that room, the air conditioner was so noisy I don't think I slept for two hours yet management said it was fine, we moved to the four points by Sheraton, which we had originally booked and it was heaven, and yes Sheraton does have similar air conditioning in the room but it is quiet, unlike borgata, I have stayed in rundown places before and rarely write a review but this place was so bad that after taking a shower I commented to my wife I still feel dirty,run from this place unless you can handle stink, dirty rooms, and oh if you want house keeping it's another $35 per day,

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ray T
Reviewed 12 July 2017

When my family walked into our room, we were shocked and dismayed by what we witnessed. The double sized bed was not made. The sheets were unchanged. There was a used towel on the kitchenette counter. In the bathroom, there were 2 used towels on the floor and the trash can still had dirty paper towel in it.

We arrived late (8:30 PM), so the office was closed. We had to get in touch with the manager. He did not seem too apologetic, but he did get someone out to us to clean up, after exchanging about 4 calls to different employees. We checked in the lodge on Saturday, and apparently they had the room cleaned on Monday. I think the manager or whoever should have checked the room on Saturday to make sure that the room was cleaned and ready for another guest to come in.

Other than that, I think the lodge was decent. I like the nice modern interior design of the room. However, I do think it is a bit far from the city core (about 20 minute drive from Kelowna downtown).

I don't think I will be staying here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family