“Wine Your Way Tours - No need to look anywhere else!”

Wine Your Way Tours
Ranked #6 of 68 Food & Drink in Kelowna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tour through the Okanagan valley safely while enjoying the many spectacular vineyards. Servicing Lake Country to Oliver and everything in between. There is a variety of tours that are all fully customizable. Whether you want to learn a little or learn a lot, this is the perfect tour for you. Touring with a certified Sommelier and educated guides, will ensure you are in capable hands! Wine is my passion, and what's better than being able to share that? You Sniff, Swirl and Sip We Drive!
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We travelled as a group of 4. Two couples. Picked up at our place in Kelowna and made our way down to Naramata. Shaelyn was super friendly, knowledgeable and a lot of fun.

A picnic lunch was provided where we had the greatest wine flavoured cherry jam. We loved the jam so much our guide has offered to buy it for us and drop it off. Now THAT'S service.

Thanks again to the Wine Your Ways team! We will definitely be calling you again next time we return to Kelowna.

4  Thank Trollcifer

Reviewed 9 October 2011

A wonderful experience! I went on a tour today with my friends, and loved every minute of it. We toured 5 wineries in all, and had a great time at each location. David and Shalyn are so knowledgeable, and help you find the best wines based on your preferences, while also showing you the best way to pair wines that you are unfamiliar with. My favorite part of the day was when Shalyn showed us how food alters and changes the wine drinking experience.

The tour is totally personalized, and we got to go to the wineries we were most interested in. You are picked up at your location and dropped off after the tour, which is really convenient and easy. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone, from beginners to experts, everyone will enjoy this tour. Thanks Shalyn and David, you guys are awesome and I can't wait to do a tour next year!

4  Thank Kelowna1989
Somsha, Owner at Wine Your Way Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

I am glad that you were happy playing with David, and glad I was able to meet up with you for the food and wine pairing portion, it was a birthday celebration I couldn't miss! I know it can get overwhelming with the amount of information I throw at you. I hope that half of it sticks and the rest we will go over when you come out with your dad!

Reviewed 8 October 2011

How a wine tasting trip should be! Relaxed, down to earth, educational, fun and entertaining! Highly recommeded:) Shalyn was a great guide and one of the highlights of the day was her different technique (won't spoil the fun, but sour faces are part of the fun!!) in teaching us the wines & food pairing world - how easily it is to be on the mark or way off! There is no 'program' for the day - once she knows what you like or don't like, wineries are added as you go along. Be honest and chat to her about your taste preferences, what you get or don't get out of it as she is wonderful in helping out! My friend is more a 'texture' than 'taster' person and once Shalyn understood her 'tongue preferences', it helped her experience wines like never before! We all have different ways in appreciating wines and Shalyn never once made you feel 'out of touch' with the techniques but rather gave possible reasons why something for you might taste/smell/feel different. Ask questions and enjoy her knowledge. Finally, remember, this is Canada - not Chile, Spain or Australia - wines are different here and don't expect to find the same flavours - that is part of the fun!

5  Thank OzziFleur

I had so much fun, and I absolutely loved the challenge of finding the wines that suited you both. I still tell my tours about such a fantastically unique challenge. I will never forget you lovelies! Thanks for sharing your time in Kelowna with me!

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Had an amazing day, great value for money. Tastings in numerous wineries and had our pick of what area to visit (north, west etc) based on what wine you like or want to try. Great focus on food pairings so lots to learn, perfect for beginners as well as connoisseurs. Good for experiencing the smaller, less well-known vineyards that have just as much to offer as the mainstream ones. Brilliant! Steph & Josh

5  Thank Josh123111

I have to say that I do remember the majority of my guests. But the day we spent together, especially the insane amount of laughter while discussing "awesome" and "brilliant" during our picnic feast! That was side splitting pure joy. It was a pleasure spending the day with you both. I hope it was as memorable for you as it was for me.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

We were a group of six women with varying tastes in wine, but Shalyn managed to find wineries that we could all enjoy. We told her what we were interested in seeing and she customized the tour especially for us. We wanted to see the countryside as well as taste wines, so the tour took us places, and to wineries, that we would not have visited on our own.
Since we were a larger party (yes six is a large party for her), we had the added bonus of David, her husband, as our driver. They were both so great with the little added touches like bottles of water waiting for us in the van, to the little stool to help us in and out of the van. Then there was fabulous lunch at The Meyers Family winery.
If you are looking for a wine tour in Kelowna, Wine Your Way Tours will provide top notch service, education and at times entertainment!
Sue, Gail, Janet, Colleen, Glenna, & Barbara

3  Thank Sporter1

Such kind words....I am so glad you found us! David and I both enjoyed our day with you all so much. I love finding wines for everybody, it keeps me on my toes, and forces me to continuously try the fantastically amazing wines in the Okanagan valley :) I was relieved to hear that earrings made it safely to you. Maybe you can show me your neck of the woods and some of your favourite wineries when we make it to Disneyland!