US$ 230
US$ 203
Dilworth Inn(Kelowna)
US$ 145
US$ 120
Coast Capri Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$ 195
Accent Inn Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
US$ 319
US$ 310
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2015

I really hated this place. I shortened my stay and booked another room far from this hostel. Except the location there is nothing to like about this place.
The girls bathroom is located upstairs. So you need to cross the corridor, walk through the kitchen, take a steep stairs, walk through another corridor. How was I supposed to do that when I just woke up and want to take a pee and carrying my towel and bath stuff because Ya the showers are upstairs too.
In the morning, I went to the living room there were 3people seated there but the room looked tiny because of massive furniture, big wooden chair and most of all PLASTIC FLOWERS ALL MOVER THE ROOM. I couldn't have my coffee there so I went to the kitchen and had my coffee standing up chatting with 2 other girls who looked confused because there were nothing for breakfast exept coffee, and toast. They told me that the owner took back the peanut butter. When I was about to leave, few girls showed up and the owner told them that there is no breakfast but they can have some plums (it was 9 and breakfast was supposed to be served till 10)
The room: I shared the queen bed with my friend, it was clean but the room was tiny without any storage ( there were no space for our backpacks) again because of the random furniture thrifter here and there. The. Tv was oriented to the wall ( there is no wat to turn it to the bed) there were a desk chair but no desk...
I know it's a hostel but I was upset because I've been to soooo many hostels and I've never been that disappointed because it was EXPENSIVE for what it is. A pricy hostel for a ridiculous service.
I definitely would not recommend that place I'd rather go a bit further. Keep in mind that downtown Kelowna is walkable so no need to be on Bernard really!!!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ziride A
Reviewed 5 August 2015

Oddest hostel I have stayed in. The lady at the desk "Lee" was very unfriendly and a little strange. She was not very forthcoming with information and zero people skills. I asked how she liked Kelowna and she told me she didn't like the people. Never gave me a tour but when I came back later the only real communal space was the dining room which closes at 10 or 11pm. The "TV room" is a joke. It's an old school tv in the basement hallway with 2 chairs. There is a lock to the main entrance to the hostel but none of the dorms have locks and they do not offer any lockers.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Gus d
Reviewed 11 July 2015

If you need to stay here, be patient. The place is OK but you'll have to deal with some eccentricities from the owner. Besides that, be aware that if you book online, she'll charge you taxes when you get there.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rafnagud
Reviewed 7 July 2015

I decided to stay at Kelowna Okanagan Lake Hostel because I was refused lodging at Kelowna International Hostel for not being an "International Traveller" (see my review on Tripadvisor for details). Upon arrival the owner asked me why I had chosen her hostel, and I related the above story. Her curt reply was "No, that's not correct". I said, "Yes, it is, they only take international travellers". "No, no" she looked at me and shook her head. I didn't have the time or energy for an argument so I let her proceed with the check in procedure. I gave her my credit card so she could ring through the transaction. Instead she suspiciously examined both sides of it. Then she asked, "Do you have another piece of ID with your signature on it?", so I gave her my driver's licence. She compared the signatures as if suspecting a forgery. "Why don't your signatures look the same on both documents?". I told her they do look the same and they are both my signatures. She slowery shook her head. She scrutinized the front of my driver's licence, "This photo doesn't look like you.". I told her well it is a photo of me because it's my licence. Silence. She then proceeded to check me in and show me where my room was. What a creepy experience. It felt more like an RCMP interview than a hostel check-in.

The rest of the stay was uneventful except for when I used my phone to snap a picture of a spelling mistake on a sign in the men's washroom. While in the washroom the (female) owner opened the door and peeked in. More creepiness.

I know it's not just me who found the owner strange and unwelcoming. Without any prompting a fellow guest muttered aloud to me "This place is being run by Kim-Jong Il's sister".

In short, only stay here if it's an emergency. Otherwise go to Samesun Backpacker's Lodge which is much, much better.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Drew M
Reviewed 8 September 2014

The owner could learn some manners. The most unpleasant woman in all of Canada. Definitely avoid staying here at all cost. Sleeping outdoors would be more bearable.

I wish I read the reviews before staying there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business