Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Siesta Suites(Kelowna)
View Hotel
Casa Loma Lakeshore Resort(West Kelowna)
Oasis Inn(Kelowna)
Econo Lodge(Kelowna)
  • Pool
1,449 results
All reviewssmack dab restaurantbedroom villaair hockeymountain viewping ponggames roombreakfast buffetprivate beachbusiness tripoff seasonfull kitchenokanagan lakeindoor poolfront desk staffparking lothot tubdowntown kelowna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I'm not going to say it's the worst place I've ever stayed, but generally when you think about a "resort", you think of something *more* than a hotel. Manteo "Resort" is nothing more than a mid-grade hotel. Any Ramada or Howard Johnson would easily compare to this any day of the week, minus the fact that the Manteo lobby is substantial nicer.

It's a bit of a tease walking into Manteo, as you're greeted by friendly staff, and walk into a lobby that's fairly impressive. The moment you walk down the halls to your room though, you realize that this is far from upper-class.

Furthermore, basic room amenities like a bath, DVD player, a premium TV service which would allow you to watch movies, are non-existent. The staff will bring you a DVD player if you wish, but if you want to rent any movies from them you're paying $2/ea. Now, it's not the $2 that bothers me, it's the principle of the matter, and it would nice to lay in bed at night and just turn on a decent movie from your remote WITHOUT having to have staff up to your room to drop off a DVD player, walk to the lobby and pick a movie, etc.

To summarize, I would not even entertain the possibility of staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael P
ManteoResort, Director of Sales at Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us.

Upon reading your comment about being charged $2 for a movie, we reviewed the policy and 100% agree that this is not a service that we should be charging for. We have since removed this charge for borrowing movies from our movie library and will provide this free of charge, which goes along with our "No Service Fee Guarantee", where you will not be charged for all the little extras that some resorts charge for, including Internet, Parking or Resort Fees. All guests will now be able to borrow movies to either watch in the comfort of their rooms or to view in our Theatre that is located on site. For the future, we are looking into providing movie channels in the hotel guestrooms as well.

In the winter months, the resort does not have the same feeling as that in the summer when the outdoor pools are open, so we do understand your view that it was not resort feeling, however, there are several amenities on-site, including the indoor pool, the movie theatre, and lots of local Preferred Partners that we work with to provide a full array of activities for our guests. A few of these include discounted ski passes, wine tours, snow shoeing, biking, hiking, and more. A full listing of our Preferred Partners and activities that are are offered on-site and locally are listed on our website.

Once again, thank you again for taking the time to post your review. We do hope that you will look to stay with us again at a future date.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Instead of staying at a Hotel on the main drag, my wife suggested Manteo. I called and we got a decent last minute rate (only $20 more than the Sandman). Very nice and new. The room was very comfortable. Always a nice surprise when there is a mini-fridge in the room. The indoor pool was nice enough, but you have to walk outside to get to it. I can see that the place would be great in the summer. Definite highlight is the restaurant! My salmon was done perfectly and was very fresh. Everyone else enjoyed their meals too.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
ManteoResort, Director of Sales at Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Dear Guest,

I'm glad that to hear that your wife suggested "getting off the strip" and coming to stay with us at Manteo Resort. We are off the main drive, but you are correct, we do feel like this area is a bit of a hidden gem. There are great areas for shopping, dining, walking trails, and of course, you cannot get any closer to the lake than where we are located.

Chef Bernard Casavant & his team in the Wild Apple Restaurant loves to hear the reviews from the restaurant as well. BC Salmon is one of Chef Bernard's signature & favourite items to prepare. I will be sure to pass along your comments.

We hope that we have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed here as part of a bus trip from Banff to Vancouver. When we were driving through town I was getting a little worried thinking "oh no, we're so far away from everything!" but we got to the hotel and it looked nice, plus it was only for 1 night.
When I got to my room I was so happy! The room looked amazing, I had my own little balcony and the bathroom was clean (bathrooms are make or break for me). Since I was by myself I thought I would go exploring, walked out the back of the hotel and was blown away by the view of Kelownas own "beach". The restaurant overlooks the water and you can sit inside or out. You can't swim where the hotel is but if you travel about 200 metres down the road there is the area where you can swim.
The food is good, the drinks are better and wait staff were so friendly!!
My only regret is that I only got 1 night at this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
ManteoResort, Director of Sales at Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am so happy to read that you were able to make the most of your stay with us and that we passed the high expectations that you have with the hotel bathrooms ~ we completely agree with you!

As you mentioned, even though we are in located 5 minutes from the main downtown area, there is lots to do within a walking distance of the hotel, including great restaurants (including our own Wild Apple Restaurant), shopping, beaches, walking trails, etc.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back again at a future date.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We returned today from a 3 night stay at the Manteo resort. The resort is beautiful. The grounds are clean & breath taking for those of us from the prairies.

We booked our room through hotels.com/expedia. We had a mountain view room on the 3rd floor, #325. We were in one of the smaller rooms (corner rooms are bigger) although the room size was very adequate. There were 3 adults & a toddler and we had tons of space. The bed linens were top notch, super comfy beds & a selection of pillows to choose from. The rooms were spotless and had a fridge. The complimentary shampoo/conditioner/lotion as well as the soaps are all Aveda products which was a nice touch. Our room was quiet and we were unable to hear anything coming from the rooms on either side of us, although we did hear some noise from directly above us (apparently there was a team on the 4th floor).

The check in & out was prompt and courteous. The front desk staff members were always smiling with a friendly hello each time we entered the hotel. The housekeeping staff were more than accommodating with our small requests as well. Parking was never an issue as some other reviews have suggested although I believe this is considered the "off season".

This hotel is very well taken care of. There is even a playstructure for kids as well as a basketball hoop. The pool/clubhouse was clean and inviting which brings me to my only complaint. The pool/clubhouse is housed in a seperate building and is only accessed by going outdoors. This was very inconvenient with a toddler, especially when the temperature is only 5 degrees outside. Now the walk itself is not that far, only 5 minutes tops (less if you run) but you have to basically get out of the pool and get changed into your clothes to go back to your hotel room. I can't imagine doing this with more than 1 child. The hotel does have very large bathrobes in the rooms so I wrapped myself up in 1 and my 3 yr old in another and I carried her back to the room but it is not an ideal situation for those with children although this wouldn't have been an issue had the temperature been a bit warmer. This would not be a big deal for adults or for older kids, just a bit of a handful with younger ones.

We didn't have an opportunity to visit the hotel's restaurant however, the menu looked amazing and the view was spectacular. I am disappointed we did not have the chance to dine there.

We enjoyed our stay and would definately recommend this hotel to others visiting Kelowna. I like the fact also that the manager of this hotel reads & responds to almost all reviews on trip advisor. That shows to me that the management of this hotel is interested in what people have to say and doesn't allow people to do a "drive by" complaint without allowing the management an opportunity to respond or address their issue.

If we have another opportunity to visit Kelowna, the Manteo will definately be on the top of the list.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review of your recent stay at the hotel. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed your time at Manteo Resort - your comments are invaluable.

As you mentioned in the review, we do take the time to respond to reviews as we do care and the comments posted help us understand what each of our guests like and what they sometimes do not like. We also understand that a stay does not always go as planned and we hope that by responding, it provides us with an opportunity to not only try to correct what was not liked, but to also have the opportunity to provide some more insight to others that are reading those comments. Again, thank you for taking the time to complete your review of your stay!

I understand that you booked through Expedia for your stay with us this time. I just wanted to let you know that you can always book direct on our website as the rates that we offer online will always be the most competitive that you will find when looking at all the different sites/options that are out there.

We hope that you have the opportunity to return to Kelowna & stay with us again. In the meantime, if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

We spent the weekend at Manteo Resort last weekend with 8 other family members. We rented two of the 2-bedroom villas/townhomes and it was great! We were able to spend time together and have breakfasts together - I really enjoyed the location and facilities.

We had dinner in the restaurant at Manteo and it was excellent. My husband said it was the best burger he's had!

The location is beautiful and centrally located - food shopping is just blocks away and the Orchard Park Mall was less than 15 minutes as well.

And it was so quiet, and the beds so comfy - I had two nights of good sleeps which is always a huge plus.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the lakefront villas - it was worth it. And you may even be lucky enough to have two ducks visit you at your front door. They were so sweet.
1  Thank TanaVancouver
ManteoResort, Director of Sales at Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us - it sounds like you had a great family retreat and that the Villas worked out well for your family.

We hope to see you back again soon!