All reviews front desk room was clean continental breakfast outdoor pool and hot tub yogurt no elevator hard boiled eggs stayed one night would stay again convenient location a great place to stay motel super8 highway pillows hottub vehicle
Reviewed 22 July 2018

The hotel is somewhat outdated. During our stay they did a major renovation on the lobby which is still ongoing and hopefully in the coming months would greatly improve the outside appearance of the hotel. The guestrooms would also need some upgrading in order to be more appealing to the guests.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Krista F, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Kelowna BC, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Thank you for your review. We have been updating and renovating for a little over a year now. We replaced carpets, furniture and sink/counters last year and began changing out the tubs/tile, but were not able to get them all done before the busy season, so we will continue with the rest this fall. We will also be replacing the windows. We began renovations to our lobby/breakfast area in Feb and they will be complete next week. So we hope you get the chance to come back again sometime to check out the changes and to give us a chance to make your next stay more Super.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

I have stayed at a Super 8 before many years ago and vowed I would never go back to one again. However my daughter-in-law recommended it as she had stayed there before with her family. Since the prices in Kelowna during the summer tourist season are ridiculously high at many places, I reserved a room there for 2 nights at a decent price. The staff was friendly, efficient and accommodating. I was concerned as it was right on Highway 97 which has a constant flow of traffic, but we got a room on the back end on the second floor and noise was not an issue at all! The room was clean and reasonably spacious. I got a kitchenette room which had a 2 burner stove, mini-fridge, microwave oven, coffee maker, and dishes. It even a separate sink, from the bathroom. Each bed had four fluffy pillows, instead of the usual 2 per bed. My only recommendation is to keep the breakfast room open longer. After travelling from the BC ferry we were tired and slept in a bit, so when we went to the breakfast room the first morning, I was disappointed to find it closed at 9:30 am. The next morning we went in time to have a good breakfast. For a continental breakfast the selection was better than expected, with fresh fruit, muffins, hot or cold cereals, yogurt, and fresh juice, as well as a hot waffle maker. Also, be warned there is no elevator so you have to carry everything up by hand. There is a cart to load on the main floor, and another at the top of the stairs which helped, as I had unloaded the whole car to sort re-pack everything. Being so tired the first day after driving then making multiple trips up and down the stairs, I forgot to lock my car on the last trip up to the room. I was pleasantly surprised an relieved that nothing had been touched. This hotel far exceeded my expectations and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had a great stay. However, We do not have kitchenettes and we do not have a waffle maker, so I suspect you stayed at a different Super 8? If you are coming back to Kelowna sometime, we hope you choose to stay at a Super 8 again.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

This would be a bargain at half the price, but at $200 a night - come on! Feeling ripped off. I stay in 5 hotels or more per month. This has been the second most expensive room I have been in this year but would not make the top 25 list for me. In fact bottom of the barrel to be honest. Tiny, dark, nothing redeeming except that if I wanted to eat breakfast - I was able to do so in my own room or in a construction site outside the shantyshack office. I will not be back

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris W
Krista F, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Kelowna BC, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you for your review Mr. Wheeler. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have been working on upgrades and renovations for a little over a year now and our rates have been discounted to be below our competitors, which are quite often over $200.00 at this time of year. I'm glad to see that we gave you a further discount to be $141.30 plus tax. We are still business as usual and offer the same Superstart continental breakfast, free WiFi and of course our very popular outdoor heated pool and hot tub. Guests have the option to take their breakfast to their room or we have tables and chairs set up outside our temporary office and a trailer if needed as well. The new lobby/breakfast area should be complete by the end of the month and we are very excited about it. We hope you change your mind and give us another try sometime, as we really would like the chance to make your next stay more Super.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here just this week the rooms are not big but 2 nice clean new beds. Small fridge and microwave handy for keeping snacks.
Quiet got a good nights sleep.
Nothing fancy but perfect for a good nights sleep.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you found your room nice and clean and the fridge and microwave handy. We're glad to hear you had a good nights sleep as well. This is what we strive for. The renovations to the lobby/breakfast area will be complete next week, so we hope you come back again sometime to check out the changes and to give us a chance to make your next stay more Super.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

The hotel does not look like this and when you're travelling from another province or place you're very disappointed to find the hotel lobby and front is completely under construction. The rooms are extremely small, and the bathroom is so small you have very little room to dress or change after a shower. The vanity sink is in the bedroom which I find a bit disturbing as I don't want to brush my teeth and wash in front of everyone else. You have to park on the other side of the hotel and drag your luggage around the hotel to your room. It's one of the worst hotels we stayed at on our 9 day Alberta/BC trip. Terribly disappointing and overpriced considering the inconvenience of everything this hotel doesn't have for it's guests. While renovations are going on, guests should be told, and should also maybe be offered a discount to stay. It was actually embarrassing to stay at this hotel in the condition it was in. The pool and pool area however were well kept and nice. But, we were here for 2 days and honestly I would have selected a different hotel for the same price if I knew what was going on with this one.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank pathollett
Krista F, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Kelowna BC, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool. We hope you enjoyed our Superstart continental breakfast and free WiFi while you were with us also? Sorry to hear that you did not find your room to your liking however. Yes our rooms are slightly smaller than the average room in Kelowna and our rates have always reflected that. We have been upgrading and renovating for over a year now. We have suspended renovations to the rooms until next fall, and should have the lobby/breakfast area finished by the end of July. We have done everything possible to not let it impact our guests stay during the renovations and have discounted our rates accordingly. We hope you come back again sometime to check out the changes and to give us a chance to make your next stay more Super.