All reviews perkins restaurant front desk room was clean loft suite a large shopping mall orchard park mall third floor liquor store central location an upgrade great room pool and hot tub channels iron tower pet patio
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We were celebrating my son's wedding in Kelowna and stayed at this Ramada hotel for 5 days. The location, the rooms and all the on site facilities were great, but what impressed me even more was the front desk staff. They were friendly, helpful and went above and beyond for me on two occasions. Once I found myself outside of my room, with many shopping bags and very sore feet (I am a senior citizen who has trouble walking) and had trouble with my key. When I called the front desk and explained my problem, within three minutes there was a solution to my problem and I did not have to move. All was solved quickly and with a lovely positive disposition.
My second problem was much more serious. I have accidentally left a large amount of cash in the safe in my room, checked out and flew home. When I arrived home after a long flight, I realized that I picked up my passport and my wallet from the safe, but left an envelope with lots of cash behind. I was in a state of panic. I immediately called the front desk. Doug Walker answered the phone. When I almost in tears explained my dilemma, he quickly checked if anyone else stayed in the same room (thankfully, this was a room that was not booked that evening),calmed me down and immediately went to my room, found the envelope and made arrangements for me to get the money back. All this within minutes of my call!!! How easy would it be for him to tell me that nothing was found and keep the money! This is a class in itself! I am very grateful to Doug Walker and the person that hired him and promoted him to a supervisor position. This hotel has an exceptional front desk staff and I will most certainly be back again. Well done, Doug Walker. We need more people like you!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Mike I, Front Office Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Kelowna Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the wedding went well. Our staff are here to help with any issues that might arise during your stay and I am very glad to hear that they responded in a timely fashion to any issues you had. Doug Walker and the rest of my staff are very good at handling anything that comes up during their shifts. I will pass on your kind words to our staff here at the hotel. Doug is a very honest gentleman and I have no doubt that he would never take anything out of a room. As you said, we need more people like him and we also need guests as amazing as yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Everyone was very nice and I can confirm it is a very pet friendly hotel with clean rooms. Any questions were answered fast and accurately. Didn't try any of the on site food services. Room was clean and did not smell like other pets.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mike I, Front Office Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Kelowna Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center. We are happy that you and your pet enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our pet friendly rooms are very convenient for pet and their owners. We will pass on your kind words to our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

we stayed in august for our family vacation to experience the kettle valley trails. we took 4 adult size bikes and booked the suite with the 2nd storey loft.
The hotel is pretty good. It’s located right on the main street on Harvey Ave and Dilliworth. It’s very easy to find and close to lots of eateries.
The layout of the hotel is quite odd, lots of hallways and walkways and stairways it took us a while to figure it out as our room is located on the third floor of the tower, directly above open parking lot. Only one side of the tower has elevator and card access, the other end you can only exit. The stairway is not A/C so it is HOT, like walking into an oven during the middle of the day!
since i was told bike theft is common in kelowna, we opted to take and leave our bikes in the suite. The suite is quite big and easily accommodated the bikes no problem.
The hotel room was quite nice, A/C blows cold and room is very comfortably cool.
Don’t really have much to complain. The price is reasonable for Kelowna at $199/night... everywhere else is $170 for a single room with two queen. this suite had a king size bed on 2nd floor and sofa bed on main floor.
Complaints:
1. they have no microwave! they have a safe, hair dryer, iron but no microwave! i had to request for one from front desk and they brought me one. why i need microwave? it’s my 2nd complaint:
2. No continental breakfast! we gave up continental breakfast for a nicer room...
3. Hallways are a bit run down. the walls have scrapes and scratches and the door was slightly banged up...

Other than the above, i’d stay at the hotel again...

They also have two restaurants right one site: Perkins and Mickies Pub. We didn’t try Perkins since it was closed early due to BC Day. Mickies is good food at good prices!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Mike I, Front Office Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Kelowna Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center. We have done many additions to the hotel hence the slightly confusing hallway set up. We do have microwaves that we provide for our guests needs however these are on a request basis but I am happy to hear that our staff was able to get one for your stay. We do not have a continental breakfast but we do have 2 great restaurants that will provide an amazing breakfast each morning. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We stayed in the Ramada hotel in Kelowna June 3 & 4, 2018 and we had our dog (Brittany spaniel) with us. My wife made the reservation by phone and at that time she advised them we had a dog. When she went to check out of the room the clerk asked if we had a dog. She said of course we had a dog. The clerk advised that they had no record of us having a dog and she told them she had advised them when she had made the reservation. They did not believe her and told her there would be an additional charge as they had given us the wrong room that did not allow dogs. She asked what the charge was and they refused to tell her. She left and went out and advised me of what had taken place. I went back into the hotel and they would not tell me what the charge would be. I demanded to know and finally the manager (who had overheard our conversation) stepped out from a back room and told me the charge would be $250. I advised we should not have to pay as it was their fault and we had advised them when we made the reservation that we had a dog. He advised it was our fault and they were going to charge us regardless. I advised if this was not resolved we would not be returning to the hotel in the future. He said that was fine. I found his actions to be very unprofessional and would not recommend the hotel to any future guests.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank oesa1
Mike I, Front Office Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Kelowna Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center. We do have specific pet friendly rooms available at the hotel but pets are only allowed in these specific rooms. The hotel was not told that you were bringing a pet into our hotel hence the extra cleaning charge. We only allow pets in specific rooms due to potential allergy concerns with other guests. We are sorry that you are unhappy with the service that the hotel provided to you but we were not made aware that you were bringing a pet. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future if you decide to stay at our property again.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Nice hotel. Short drive to downtown Kelowna Kept very clean. The pool is indoors, would have liked an outdoor pool in the summer. We didn’t have much interaction with the staff so can’t comment there.

Date of stay: July 2018

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center. We are very centrally located in Kelowna, just a short 10 minute drive to the beaches and lake area. Although we do not have an outdoor pool, we do have a very nice sitting area outside of the pool to relax in the sunshine. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.