All reviews denny's restaurant tower suite orchard park mall older part bed and pillows small kitchen pool and hot tub living room hockey tournament central location full kitchen moxies dishwasher roomy highway wineries
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Never before have I had such a hard time finding my room. I swear the put us at the very furthest point from any access point. It felt like I was navigating through a narrow maze. Multiple trips to the car meant another attempt to find my way out, each time was a different route and each time it took about 10 minuets. The room was a dark brown and felt like we were trapped in the 70’s. it wouldn’t have been so bad if we weren’t in the basement facing the pool with no natural light. It wound up feeling claustrophobic and uninviting.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
KelownaManager, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. While it may seem like a maze, it is in fact a large square with a beautiful open Atrium in the centre featuring an indoor pool, hot tub and leisure area. We have access points and parking on each side of the building allowing for quick accessibility. I will certainly coach out Front Desk Team on sharing these quick navigation tips so to ease frustration of our guests. We have 220 Rooms and 2 buildings. In our Tower, every room is outside facing, many with balconies to enjoy the views, most feature our signature white duvets. In our Atrium building, options are pool side of outside facing. We encourage guests to give us as much information as possible when booking so that we can assist in finding the room that best suites their needs and preferences. Feel free to contact me directly anytime as I would be happy to assist with making sure you get the perfect room for you. I can be reached at 250-980-3150.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Nice enough looking facility but when you look close (as most travellers do) it left a little to be desired.
Pop bottle behind the nigh stand. Sticky stuff on the counters and a big face smudge on the sliding glass door to the balcony. It’s a shame because this place could be so much nicer by simply cleaning it properly.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear Valued Guest

I can assure you that your experience is not our norm as we work hard to provide the best value in hospitality. Please feel free to contact me directly offering specifics in regards to your stay so that I can best assist. We take such feedback very seriously and respond quickly and effectively. I can assure you that our collective goal of delivering a guest focused hospitality experience means we strive to raise the bar in customer service with high standards in cleanliness. Please contact me directly at any time, Meg @ 250-980-3150. In the meantime I will personally review the details and ensure team coaching and training and review our brands high standards.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

There are sooooo many places to choose from in Kelowna. We chose the Sandman as our change over days from camping in lake country to air bnbing in Oliver. I am very happy with our choice - it can be hard to tell because even the crappy hotels are expensive here in the summer.

We stayed in the tower in a king suite. There was 2 nest chairs that fit our kids (3&6) perfectly, we had a cute balcony that was very high and had a great view of the city, lake and some fires. There was a kitchen that had a huge fridge, fully stocked and even a dishwasher!
The rooms were spotless, roomy and stylish.
The pool was AWESOME - clean, not too cold, very shallow to quite deep so it was great for the whole family and there was a nice little hot tub
It’s Attached to Dennys is a nice bonus for pancake loving children ;)

Areas for growth - bedroom needs a blackout blind. Your staff is was not very friendly EXCEPT there was the nicest cleaning lady in the tower - a gorgeous Asian woman that I could’ve hugged. Other than that, moral seemed quite low.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
KelownaManager, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Valued Guest:

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The King View Suites that you enjoyed are designed with all of the amenities and make travelling with children comfortable, easy and enjoyable. I notice you mention black out blinds as a wish list item for improvement. We actually already have these in every room. We have instructed our housekeeping team to leave the cords visible for all guests so that they are easy to find and use. Thank you also for mentioning our fabulous housekeeping room attendant Maria, we all want to hug her she is so fabulous. And while it may seem moral is low, it is hot work in the summer in Kelowna and keeping our team cool is not an easy task, but we all love what we do.

We look forward to your return.

Kind regards,
Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna

Reviewed 26 July 2018

While attending a motorcycle rally in Kelowna we decided to stay at the Sandman. Our room was in the tower with a balcony that was wonderful. Sitting out in the morning sun enjoying a coffee. The hotel room was wonderful, clean and updated. Lots of food choices near by.

Room Tip: a room in the tower
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Sandman Hotel & Suites in Kelowna. We are pleased that you enjoyed our Tower Rooms with a view and appreciate your noting our "clean and updated" hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Sandman Hotel Group soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I would stay here again. I liked the lobby and the rooms were decent except I would not choose the room I stayed in this last time. It was poolside on level 1. Even though its updated,its very dark and only has the sliding doors to the dark pool area. It can feel somewhat claustrophobic and also the air is very muggy down there. It would be nice to open the sliding doors or even the curtains but then because you are beside the family pool area, everyone can see in your room and you feel like you are on display. Turned the fan on in the bathroom to duck up some of the condensation but did the old tissue test and it fell to the ground...so it looks like the ventilation could be a bit better considering you are in a lower level room with no windows to the outside world. The staff were friendly though...I just did not prefer that room.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
KelownaManager, Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for mentioning our Lobby, we hope it is welcoming to all of our guests. Our hotel has 220 rooms and 2 buildings to choose from so there is certainly the perfect room for everyone. The pool deck rooms are often requested by families, however guests can also enjoy the pool side experience from interior balconies or enjoy on of our other room locations and styles. Please just let us know your preferences when making your reservations and we will be sure to get you the perfect room for your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna