All reviews denny's restaurant king suite orchard park mall bed and pillows older part rooms are nice small kitchen living room hockey tournament full kitchen central location tower moxies dishwasher roomy highway wineries
Reviewed 13 November 2016

I stayed at this hotel while traveling to Vancouver for a conference. I haven't stayed at a Sandman for quite a while since I found the service and rooms to be lacking in the past. Unfortunately, this experience was no different. I booked a room in the executive tower since I figured it was newer and nicer. The first room I went to I was unable to open the window blinds. A lady from the desk came up and tried as well, but it turns out that the cords were broken on the one side. As well, the TV was tiny (much smaller than ones I have seen in other comparable hotels). I was put into another room and this one I could open the blinds. However, 2 bulbs in the bathroom were burned out and quite dusty (I tried to turn them to see if they were just loose). I wasn't going to move rooms again so I just dealt with it (I was only staying one night). The room was very small - smaller than I would have expected seeing as this was the newer building (it was only big enough for the king bed and one regular chair). Plugs were hard to find which is unusual seeing as we live in a technological era. On the plus side, wireless internet was free and had good strength and speed, and the bed was very comfortable. Room service was just average. When I opened the menu there was a piece of chewed gum in the middle of it. The food was okay and reasonable for cost. The hot tub was a nice way to relax at the end of the day, however there was a kids hockey team staying here so it was quite noisy. I'm not sure how many adults were actually supervising (I counted only 3 and they really were not looking). I used to travel on sports teams so I am no stranger to staying in hotels, but we were always expected to be on our best behavior and not be playing hockey in the hallways or breaking pool rules. It is also very interesting to get from the executive tower to the main building. You have to climb a few sets of stairs to get to the connector hallway, which takes you to the 3rd floor of the building. I struggled with what to rate this hotel as there were a few good points, but I probably will not stay here again if I have a choice. If you do choose to stay here, the executive tower rooms are probably better since there are less per floor and away from the pool area.

Room tip: Executive tower rooms are probably better as there are less of them per floor and they are away from the pool area.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
KelownaManager, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback with regard to your stay at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you experienced some disappointments with your stay and found the guest room to be small. Our Executive Tower does have both King Bed rooms and King Suites and it may be that a suite would have given you the more spacious feel you were looking for as they are approximately 630 square feet and designed like a one bedroom apartment. Because it was added a few years ago to the original building the access bridge and stairwell are one of the ways to travel from the main lobby to the Executive Tower. We do apologize if this was confusing or difficult. We also apologize if you had challenges with finding sufficient electrical outlets. This is not something we usually hear but we will take steps to make sure there is sufficient in all of our rooms.
We also apologize if the hockey team that was using the pool area was a disturbance. Many of the teams that stay with us are courteous, considerate and well chaperoned but on occasion they aren't and we regret any negative impact that may have on our other guests.
We do value the feedback provided from all our guests and we hope you will consider staying with us again to evaluate our ability to progressively improve from your comments.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Stayed here as part of a group while in town for a hockey tournament. Stayed on the first floor which is really the basement. Room looked out onto the indoor pool. No natural light in the room at all. Very little in the pool area either. Fine if you're a mushroom but way too dark otherwise. Was a weird feeling. Couldn't tell if it was day or night. Ceilings were low and all colours dark grey. Added to the gloomy feel. Rooms were clean and comfortable enough. Beds awesome. Staff friendly. Just couldn't get over the "cave" vibe of the dark dark rooms though

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us. The preference for rooms on our pool level is a difficult one to predict and we are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the location of our rooms. We do have many guests that particularly like those room assignments with the access to the Indoor Atrium pool area and common congregation area and specifically request those rooms for their visits, but it seems it is not to everyone's personal taste. When our guests specify in advance of a preference to be assigned to any particular area we make every effort to accommodate this. Had you let us know that you were not comfortable in that area we would have been happy to find you a different room. Should you be inclined to stay with us again, please express your preference for a different area and we will be sure to assign your room accordingly.
It is gratifying to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms, our comfortable beds and the friendly staff and have passed your comments along to our team. We appreciate your sharing that positive feedback.
We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back on your next trip to Kelowna and provide a different room option to meet your preferences.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2016

We had a group stay at the Sandman on Thursday September 8, and an event downstairs the following morning. Sandman staff were very accommodating throughout the planning process, easy to work, with and happy to help throughout our experience. Food was hot & fresh for our event, lots of easy parking for our guests and an a simple easy to find location.
Thank you for having our group!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased to hear you and your group enjoyed your stay with us. We very much appreciate your positive feedback. Our team always wants to ensure our guests, both individual travelers and those staying with us as a group, have a great experience so we have made sure to pass along all your gratifying comments to them! We are happy that you had the chance to utilize all our facilities, including the banquet services.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again, either with your group or on your own when you next visit Kelowna!

Warm Regards,
Kelly Watt,

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

This hotel is extremely rundown. The windows were single pane aluminum sliders and you can hear everything through them. The baseboards and carpet are stained and very dirty. You can tell they don't clean around the baseboards in the washroom as there was pieces of hair still there. I definitely will not be staying at this place again. I usually like the Sandman's but this was the worst one I've ever stayed at

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
KelownaManager, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay. We have taken steps to identify the room you stayed in in order to address the concerns you expressed although it would be very much appreciated if you would consider contacting us directly to provide specifics of your stay. Should you be so inclined I can be reached at 250 980 3150 to provide the details and allow us to respond directly to you.
Our company has very definite standards of comfort and cleanliness and it is always our intention to maintain these both for our guests and our organization. Our many regular return guests would support that we are usually successful in this respect and we will endeavor to correct the source of your concerns in order to make sure we improve should you be willing to try a future stay with us.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Room was clean, no kitchenette, and I find this location more expensive then every other sandman I stay at for some reason. Beds were comfortable and the room was nice. Checkin was quick as well. Walls are pretty thin as we had to keep our voices down to a whisper so as not to disturb other guests that were trying to sleep.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,
We are happy to hear that you found our accommodations clean and comfortable and the décor of your room to be nice. We are also pleased that you found the check in to be efficient and professional.
While not all of our rooms have kitchenettes, we do have many one bedroom suites in our Executive tower that are designed similar to an apartment with a kitchen, and a number of standard rooms with kitchens in our Atrium building so that option is available should our guests wish to book that room type.
Our rates are dictated by the season as well as supply and demand and we generally make every effort to keep our prices amongst the most reasonable in the Kelowna market. We also have a number of room types of varying prices to fit a range of travel budgets.
We appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback and that you chose our hotel to stay at for your trip to Kelowna. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.