“Awesome place! Definitely staying there again!”
Review of Siesta Suites

Siesta Suites
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Calgary
“Awesome place! Definitely staying there again!”
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I stayed with two other families for 1 week and we loved it! Great, friendly staff from front desk to housekeeping. This hotel has lots of repeat customers who book every year and our neighbours were so friendly ( maybe because they are on vacation?). If you get a room on the second floor, there are tables and chairs for you to hang out and eat your meals. I even saw a family who brought their own placemats! The rooms are clean, with the exception of the carpets which could use ALOT of cleaning! The air con is AWESOME! There is free high-speed internet but it is quite slow. A great location, close to Gyro beach, shops, Save On foods, Starbucks and Tim Hortons. A definite stay for families and groups of families!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ShyGurl888
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Siesta Inn is about 2-km south of the main drag in Kelowna, close to a public beach;
The place is clean and not too noisy (mainly families);
Shopping mall across the street;
Kitchenette units available;
Indoor and outdoor pools; indoor hot-tub;
Free in-room WiFi; one desk-computer available in the lobby;
Good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
sumerland
Reviewed 12 April 2009

My husband was in the Kelowna Hospital for 10 days, and I stayed at the Siesta Inn. I was really pleased with the clean rooms and the friendly staff. The motel was well maintained, and I like that at night the parking lot was lit. We would stay there again!

• Stayed March 2009
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2008

I ended up at this hotel on a last minute booking. All the hotels I wanted to stay at were full. My requirements when travelling is to stay in a suite with a separate bedroom and a kitchen. All my first choices were full, so I started asking hotels if they could recommend another hotel to me. That's how I came across the Siesta Inn.

The reviews on this site are harsh and simply not true. After booking the hotel, I came across Trip Advisor and regretted my booking after reading some of the reviews. When I got to the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised. I will be definitely staying here again!!! I stay in alot of expensive hotels and my budget for this trip was $500 a night to give you an idea of my expectations. The 2 luxury hotels in Kelowna on the water, were booked.

The Siesta staff is friendly and attentive and the property is well maintained. The airconditoners work (important when it is 100 degrees outside) and the suites are clean. The location can't be beat!!!! A short walk to the beach.

The property is located on Lakeshore drive, where there is a collection of shops, restaurants and services a short walk from the property. Across the street is a mall with a grocery store, pharmacy, Starbucks, and liquor store. A few hundred feet away is a 24 hour convenience store and gas station. This came in handy on our late arrival so we could get some munchies.

There is a lot of fast food restuarants if so desired that are within a few hundred feet of the property (i.e. McDonalds, KFC, Dairy Queen, etc.). The line up at the DQ is huge!!!

Parking is abundant with good size stalls so you can park your vehicle in front of your unit and don't have to worry about door dings. There is an indoor and outdoor pool and a jacuzzi that we snuck into late at night to skinny dip. There is FREE INTERNET for your laptop that has a strong signal from everywhere within the complex.

The only negative is that the bedroom does not have an air conditioner, so if you close the bedroom door at night, it will be hotter than the main room and stuffy. The air conditioner in the main room can turn this area into a meat locker and there is a ceiling fan.

For $149 a night for a suite, this price can;t be beat. A similar unit in the downtown area of Kelowna is $250 to $500 a night. This property is about 3 km from downtown, which I like because it is quieter at night and there is less crime in this location. Downtown Kelowna has a lot of vagrants that love to break into the cars of tourists and parking is at a premium.

• Liked — Location, value and quality
  • Disliked — No airconditioner in bedroom
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Maybe because it was my first time staying in the motel, maybe because I enjoyed being with my family so much that I didn't notice anything bad, but I really liked this place! Of course, the price for the night was too high - i don't think it was worth $150 that we paid for it. But, we got a clean good size room with two queen beds, there was a kitchen with all utilities, and BBQ in the backyard (very clean I must say). Most of all I enjoyed the swimming pool! Plus, it's only 5 min away from a very nice Gyro beach! Video rentals, grocery stores, and Starbucks just across the road.

I think this place is ideal for a short-term stay when you're traveling in BC, it has everything you need.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family