“bbq and drinking parties in parking lot rented out to motorhomes”
Review of Days Inn Kelowna

Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We booked 2 rooms in this motel, which seemed fine at the time we checked in around 2:30 pm in August. After sight-seeing and dinner we returned to the hotel, to find the parking had turned into a party-zone. In addition to registered guest vehicles, there were now 5 or 6 large motorhomes parked along the fence on both sides of the motel. Electrical cords were stretched across the driveways into exterior electrical outlets next to the guest room doors. The occupants of the motorhomes were having a great time, having set up their folding chairs and barbeques at differents locations throughout the parking lot, large number of people sitting in a circle and drinking, their dogs were walking around off leash. When we talked to the front desk staff, they did not seem surprised and said their manager had given 'permission for one camper to park overnight'. They could see it had gotten out of hand but they could not reach their manager. As the noise increased and our daughter became afraid to have these people right outiside her room, we decided to talk to the front desk once more, to no avail. At our request, they booked us in their 'sister accommodation' a few blocks away. We ended up changing hotels late at night, staying in another motel where the owner was friendly, however the rooms were filthy, the phone cords ripped out of the wall and the bulbs were missing from the light fixture. A very disappointing experience, Kelowna is a great place to visit, but with the huge number of tourists traveling through there it appears that some motel managers are becoming very greedy at the expense of their regular guests.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank garden-witch
KelownaOperator, Manager at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you for addressing your concerns. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that through your comments we have now elimnated the use of our parking lot for motorhomes and non registered guests.

In an effort to compensate you for your experience, we would like to invite you back to our property and experince our new improvements. When calling to make the reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you.

If I can provide any other assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 250-868-3297 .

Reviewed 30 September 2011

We stayed here one night in mid-September and the room was quite as expected. A standard 2 queen room. The only downside was that the AC made a lot of noise, but fortunately it was not too warm outside.

The free breakfast choice was ok and there was plenty to chose from.

The deal on the room was great since it was only 70$ CAD for the one night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KrisBosma
KelownaOperator, Manager at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is appreciated and valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Small rooms, dirty old place, small toilets with toilets draining. Very few choice in free breakfast. Old tube tvs in room , crappy wifi. No fun to stay. Avoid if possible. Not worth the $113 they demand.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
KelownaOperator, Manager at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2011

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that Days Inn Kelowna did not meet up to your expectations. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms and amenities which includes flat screen tv's and healthier choices for breakfast.

If i can provide an assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (250)868-3297

Sincerly,

Operations Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2011

I only stayed here for 1 night but I found the room to be excellent. Please see below for ratings. I booked on line and got the room for CDN $114.00 (aprox. incl. taxes) and was very happy with that price considering what was in the room.

Room Tip: Try to get one with kitchenette!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
KelownaOperator, Manager at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay at Days Inn Kelowna. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to see you again perhaps for a longer stay as you would save 20% for staying 3 nights.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 2508683297 .

Reviewed 11 August 2011

First of all, when I walked into the lobby I was ignored by all the staff who were joking around and goofing off. After just standing there for a couple of minutes I told the guy I had prepaid for this hotel two months in advance and he told my the room wasn't clean yet (keep in mind that it was 3:00pm at this point) he said it would be ready in an hour and I gave him my cell phone number to call when it was ready. So as I was waiting in 41 degree weather two hours had passed with no call from my cell phone. I went back to the hotel and was ignored once again and subject to terrible service. When I got to my room I was completely underwhelmed by the beds and the size of the room for the price I paid. I will never stay at any Days Inn every again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel, there was a nice looking Best Western across the street.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
KelownaOperator, Manager at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all feedback we receive both positive and negitive. I was very sorry to hear that your stay with is was anything less then satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and make your stay as comfortable as possible. It is clear to me that in this specific situation we did not meet this goal, and I can assure that we will take steps now to prevent this from happening in the future.

It is my hope you will give is another opportunity to serve you. Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and I hope to see you during you next visit.

Sincerly,